
For those of you who didn't hear, We made a trip to Utah this weekend for my grandpa's funeral. As hard as it was, I have to say that I am so grateful for the knowledge we have of the gospel. I'm so grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ, and the Atonement. I'm grateful for the plan of salvation, and that we can return and live with our Father in Heaven. I know that our families are eternal and that my Grandpa is happy and healthy (which he hadn't been for a while) where he is now. I look forward to seeing him again and giving him a big hug.
It wasn't the ideal situation for family getting together, but I really was grateful for all the family that we got to see and visit with. I'm grateful for all the friends and family that were there to support my grandma and our family. I'm grateful for all those people being able to know my awesome grandpa. My dad and Aunts did a wonderful job speaking about him, and I enjoyed each talk. Even though the grandkids song wasn't what we expected, I'm sure Grandma and Grandpa both loved it. :) My grandpa was a wonderful man and saw beauty in everyone and everything. I remember walking with him and having him pointing out things that most people wouldn't even take the time to notice. We would hold your hand and give you love squeezes. You never had to question that he loved you, cause he always told you. When you were hurt, he'd spit on the wound and tell you, "You're okay. Germans are tuff." He loved to sing and I always remember singing with him. I remember, "She'll Be Comin Round the Mountain", (he had the best actions for it) and "You are my Sunshine" as my favorites. He was a wonderful poet, and I have special memories of ones he wrote for me. I remember he went to a poetry reading group and they would all give feedback and analyze your poems. He told me they loved my poem he wrote for me. I told him they better, cause I didn't want anything changed about it. I would always try to take time to sit with him and ask him about life and growing up. I loved listening to his stories and memories. I'm grateful I had him as my Grandpa, and that I got to know him as a person. We all will miss him and love him lots.
Even though it was a funeral, we all enjoyed reminiscing about Grandpa, and talking to one another. I saw cousins I haven't seen in years, some second cousins I honestly couldn't remember the names of, and lots of awesome Aunts and Uncles. I figured I'd post some pictures of the family. So here you go all. If anyone wants a copy of the pictures, Dad and Janene have them on their computer, and I don't mind emailing some or mailing you a cd. I just need addresses. I took a ton of pictures for Grandma, so there is a bunch.
GRRRR guys
Not bad hansens, not bad at all
Sig toasting the camera. Ha.
And Cassie is obviously a lot taller than I remember, either that or I'm shrinking
This one is for Cassie and Katie
The kids Saturday night unwinding, playing together:
6 comments:
Yes I look about eight feet tall in that picture. I was wearing four inch heels! That's my excuse!
I'm so sorry for your loss Mandy. I'm glad you have such wonderful memories of him, he truly sounds like an amazing man and such a cool grandfather! I know the circumstances weren't the best, but how great it must have been to have all of your family together, I'm sure your Grandpa was very happy about that and smiling down at yall! I love the pictures of all the family and Gabe sure is growing up!
It was so good to see you guys! Gabe is just a doll and I loved watching her play and interact with the cousins. It was an emotional, yet fun weekend to get together as a whole family and spend some quality time. Love that you took alot of photos!! I love the Rose pic, that turned out amazing. It was also nice to have a family photo (a current one!!) Hope its not too long before we see you guys again! Lots of love
Reading that got me a little teary eyed! So wonderful to have those memories and the wonderful feelings that grandparents give.
Well said! I loved the tribute to Grandpa. Amen!
So sorry to hear about your Grandpa as well. Sounds like you had some great memories too!
Post a Comment