Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Blog Book

So I finally ordered my first official blog book. I used blurb.com, and the software that you download from there. I took the first year and a half of my blog (So from Gabe's birth to the end of 2009) and turned it into a book. They have all kinds of choices for text layouts, picture layouts, and text picture layouts combined. I have another journal blog I do besides my public one, and I can take entries from both blogs and add them to the book. You choose their blog to book option, and it allows you to pull things right off your blog.

I LOVED how it turned out. It's kinda like looking through a yearbook, it's that size (that's the size I chose) and full of memories. I plan on doing it for each year of my blogs, so that I can have it in a book and making more of a family journal. At the end of each year I take our family videos and put them on a DVD as well. I plan on attaching each year's dvd to the back of each book. I might put a few years into one book, but it is something I hope to keep doing.

So if any of you are looking into making one, I love how mine turned out from that website. The price was awesome too. So this year I am making an effort to blog more on both blogs so I can keep a record of it all. I thought I'd share my results.

5 comments:

Katrina said...

Thats pretty cool. I might look into it too. I will probably combine years though. Wedding through B.G.'s 1st birthday or something.

Grandma Krissy said...

That sounds awesome!!! I really need to un-busy my life to be able to enjoy it more. I will have to check it out.

KBPatterson said...

I want to do that at the end of this year. I will have to check yours out! I think it's a great idea though. And I love that you put the fam videos for the year with them too!

Danni said...

I really should make one of those. It's just not something I think about it, but I'm definitely putting it on my list now. Was it a lot of work or was the program pretty ok to work with?

Emily Rasmussen said...

Oh, can I see it sometime? I have been sort of doing this for years but have never really gone through with it because it is so much work. I would love to see yours and get your advice.