Thursday, June 3, 2010

Gabe's First Hair Cut

I was putting off getting Gabe's hair cut, cause I liked it longer. However, even though it was getting longer, it was kinda gross and stingy. I decided I better get it fixed. I also know I probably should have had it trimmed some time or another before two years of age, but once again it was looking fine until recently. So I took her in, cause I really am terrified of doing something like that myself. I know it sounds dumb, but I attempted my own hair years ago, and butched it. I've never dared to try since. I don't mind helping with Adam's hair. Well that's not true either, I still get scared, but I do it. Girls are a different story though! Anyway I had to take pictures of her first official cut. She was really not sure about any of it in the beginning, you can tell by the first picture. She warmed up fast when we told her she was pretty and I played games with her to distract her. She ended up sitting on my lap while she cut it, so that made it better for her. Jessie the girl that cuts my hair, did awesome with her, and Gabe loved the attention. She got a sucker for being so good. At the end another stylist asked if she could take Gabe for a "tour" of the place. She ended up showing her off to everyone and their clients, and Gabe thought she was on top of the world. She then got Gabe some water and cookies. She was pretty set, and probably wouldn't mind going back. The end picture is kinda what it ended up like. I need to go home and play with it. I didn't want her to have bangs, and she kinda kept hacking at this swoopy look, leaving Gabe with something that looks similar to bangs, which Adam and I both dislike. (shorter than in the last picture) Oh well, I can still pull them back. It's a little odd to look at her, cause she looks different to us, but the overall cut turned out great. Her first hair cut experience went well, and I'm glad we got it done. I think I was more nervous for her. :)





5 comments:

Katrina said...

fortunately the bangs will grow back, and when you take her in again you can really tell them to just leave the front alone so they dont get cut again. however, i think she looks so cute! i think she looks more like laurel with that haircut. not sure why. she's just a super cutie. cant wait to see her! oh and you guys too. :)

ACTanner said...

Okay she is so adorable!!! I am so glad we got the chance to catch up on Sunday -- we'll have to do it again soon!!!

Grandma Krissy said...

She looks so cute. And I think it turned out good. From the sounds of things, she did good too!

The Letterman's said...

I love little girls in short hair, I'm biased though cause my girls hair is always stringy until about 4, now Abby has a mop and Sophie is still working on the string thing.

KBPatterson said...

Aaaaah the first haircut! I totally understand you being nervous. I think girls haircuts are different than boys too. She looks adorable though and sounds like she was a little star at the salon. That's so nice that they made it fun for her! I can't wait to see it in person.