LINOLEUM!!!
Have you ever been excited about linoleum? I mean other than those of you who built houses in the late eighties, early nineties. You wouldn't think that linoleum would be a cool thing when hard wood and tile is so nice to have. I however, love the new linoleum that was put in our rental house while we were on our trip. Is it cute? nope. Is it special? nope. Is it better than what we had before? YES!!!! For those of you who don't know, we had some serious dishwasher issues. we were trying to get a new dishwasher installed, and ended up with a mountain range in the middle of our kitchen floor. The new dishwasher that the store gave us, had a crack in the bottom and leaked into our floor, and bubbled it up. We didn't know it had a crack until the floor bubbled up. It was a really obnoxious process trying to figure out whose fault it was and who was going to fix it. This was back in March. Finally our landlord knowing we'd be gone, had it fixed while we were away. Hurray no more bumps in the floor for everyone to trip on. Plus our old floor along the base boards had some kind of weird glue or stain that always made my floor look dirty. It's nice to have a floor that actually looks clean when you clean it.
WE HAVE A GARDEN:
When we left our garden was just sprouting up. We now some good plants going. Thanks to our good friends who watered it while we were away, and even weeded it for us. How nice ah? I finished weeding this week, and we planted a few more things. I don't know if it's too late to plant them, but we did anyway. Gabe loved to help, even feeling sick. You can also see her handy work from her previous help in the garden. The plants aren't exactly in the rows we planned, but hey they are growing just great. Greta loved lounging in the dirt so much she started to blend in. Ha.
FATHERS DAY:
Gabe and I tried to make Adam's father's day as nice as we could. He's had to put up with both of us this week, so he deserved a good one. I sent him to a concert he's been wanting to go to Saturday night. Then sunday we made sure that we had the house clean, and his favorite breakfast cooked. Gabe and I made him a homemade card. Gabe wanted to trace her hand, and also having her froggy glued to her since being sick, she decided her froggy should have his hand traced in the card too. I thought that was adorable. We made his favorite cookies to surprise him and spent the rest of the day lounging and hanging out with him. Nothing too exciting, but nice to spend time as a family. He really is an amazing father, and I am so grateful for him. I asked him the other day if he was nervous that we were soon going to have to balance two kids. He responded, "Nope, I think we're competent enough." Ha well I'm glad that one of us is ready. I really can't believe how fast his pregnancy is going.
3 comments:
I bet you are loving having your dishwasher and floors fixed! Looks great! I love your garden too and the fact that Gabe loves to help in it. The uneven rows are fabulous! That stinks that you haven't been feeling good. Sicily has been sick since last Thursday too. She has an awful croopy cough. Yuck! Happy Late Father's Day Adam! You are a fantastic dad and you both will do great with 2 kids.
You were lots shorter about your update post. Mine's a little long winded... oh well! I wish we could have a garden. I might try to grow some strawberries in a pot on the deck, but not yet. Glad to see Gabe is still pretty happy even being sick.
I am so jealous of your garden. I finally got some flowers today to put in my front flowerbeds. Dad and I weeded this morning for 3 hours in just the front yard - and it's still not done! But it's lots better than before!!
Post a Comment