Friday, June 25, 2010

Late Night Pregnancy Quiz

Name?: Mandy

About Your Pregnancy: Right now I'm not sleeping due to discomfort, so life is hard, but pretty good most of the time. It's so different than my first, and I'm facing totally new things, and new challenges. It's weird to get used to when you think you already know what you're doing. I guess it proves you don't know everything, cause everyone is different.

Is this your first pregnancy?: Nope, my second

When did you find out you were pregnant?: January

Was it planned?: Yes and it took longer than planned

What was your first reaction?: Irritated that the pregnancy test wouldn't show a clear answer, that neither of us could read. Adam went out and got me another one. I just love him. Once we knew for sure, it was almost hard to believe, cause we had a lot of negative ones before. We were excited!

Who was with you when you found out?: Adam

Who was the first person you told?: I don't remember. Probably the friends who watched Gabe for us so we could go to our first appointment.

How did your parents react?: Excited

How far along were you? I don't remember. Earlier than I would have normally told people I think.

What was your first symptom?:
I always feel like the collars of my shirts are gagging me. Weird I know, but I have to constantly pull them down. I ruin a lot of shirts when first pregnant.

What is your due date?: September 19, 2010

Do you know the sex of the baby?: Yes we get a boy this time

Have you picked out names?: Yes, unless something else comes along, which I doubt.

If so, what are they?: We like the name Ollie

How much weight have you gained?: MMM I don't know that I care to share that one. Not as much as with Gabe yet, and I hope to not get that much. I however, have another trimester to go.

Do you have stretch marks?: Oh yeah. And I still have some from Gabe. They're pretty.

Have you felt the baby move? Yeah he's a kicker. Lately when I'm laying down trying to sleep. Little stinker. He hasn't been that way, Gabe was. He decided to change play time on me.

Have you heard the heartbeat?: Yep almost every visit. It's Gabe's favorite part.

About the birth: Home or hospital birth?: Hospital

Natural or medicated birth?: Natural like before, if I can help it.

Who will be in the delivery room with you?: Just Adam, and a doctor of course

Will you breastfeed?: Yes

Will you cry when you hold the baby for the first time?: I didn't with Gabe, but who knows. I think I'm full of too many emotions to cry.

What's the first thing you might say to him/her?: I said, "Oh she's so little." with Gabe. Maybe I'll be like, "Man he's huge." (Even though he'll be little) I hope not, but I keep fearing he'll be a big kid for some reason.

Would you let someone videotape the birth?: I don't want to see that, I don't care to have anyone else witness it either.

Are you excited about the birth, or scared?: Excited, but nervous

What music or interests do you want the baby to have?: If this kid could inherit any of the fluke's musical gene, I'd be grateful. I wouldn't mind the artistic gene on my family's side either. I wouldn't mind some athletic skill, I'm not sure who'd he'd get it from though. :)

What is the baby's room theme?:Honestly we don't have one. We decided to give him Adam's baby blanket for his crib, so whatever we can get to go along with it would be great. I'm not too worried about that one. We're still deciding where to put him.

What was the first thing u bought for the baby?: Adam went out and bought him a pack of sports onsies, and a spiderman action figure the day we found out. :) He was stoked.

Are u ready to have another child? I ask myself that question everyday. Each day my answer is different. HA!

I am up late with some discomforts, so I needed something to do. I figured I'd record some pregnancy stuff, since I've been lacking more than I want to be. I hope to be better at recording random things like this, so this was a good solution.