Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Start of Many to Come

We have returned from our trip to Utah. We survived a very busy, very hectic week, and had a lot of fun along the way. I figured instead of doing one huge post about the whole thing, I'd break it up to a lot of smaller ones in the next few days. So I'll start at the beginning of the week and work my way through the end. I hope I don't forget anything.

I have to admit, I'm not very motivated to post all these, cause I'm still re cooperating from the trip. I'm tired. I do know myself though, and I know that if I don't post about it right away, then it won't get done. Gabe seems to be adjusting from the trip the best. HA! We tried to keep her on her regular schedule as much as possible, for the wedding at the end of the week. The last few days were tricky, but she did well for most of the trip. Adam and I are both a little exhausted, and Greta still hasn't moved much. We did manage to get some grocery shopping done last night so we had some food to eat today. I did piles of laundry all day yesterday, and I am grateful I made myself scrub down my whole house before we left. It made unpacking things a little easier.

We drove out there Friday morning and when arriving in Utah later that day, we drove up to my Dad's cabin above Heber. Saturday morning some of the boys went fishing. Even though the fish weren't biting much, they did see some action. My Dad went to turn on his boat and it wouldn't start. A few more tries later, the engine actually started on fire. My dad grabbed the fire extinguisher, that is really old and attempted to put it out. He couldn't get it to work, and threw it aside to try another option. While scrambling around, Adam grabbed the extinguisher and got it to work. The fire was out. They then grabbed the paddles and begun along row to land. A boat eventually towed them in. Poor guys. No fish, and a lot of hard work. Luckily they were all okay. Meanwhile the girls hung out and played with the kids at the cabin. Gabe loved playing with cousins, and of course outdoors.

Later we met some more family in Park City to swim in my in laws time share pool. Gabe loved the water. Having all of her spots cleared up I finally got a chance to take her to the pool. Well I sat on the side lines taking pictures, not having a swim suit, and Adam played in the pool with her. We couldn't get her out. She thought it was the greatest. I've already looked into some swim lessons that Adam could do with her in the next few months at the local pool. We'll see if we can make it happen. She'd love it. Every time she sees her swimming suit she asks to go. After swimming, we attempted to go to the Alpine Slides, but it was closed by the time we got over there. So we all went out for pizza. We came back to the cabin, played games and hung out very late. It was a lot of fun, and we enjoyed seeing everyone.










The girls throwing rocks in the stream-Gabe always went for the big ones

Gabe got spoiled with some late birthday presents

The guys helping reroute the stream through the cabin's property

Riding on the four wheeler with Daddy

2 comments:

Katrina said...

She is so cute in that swim suit! And her little feet are all pruney in one of those pics. She really loved the water!

Judy said...

I love this family so much. Can we have a relaxing family gathering next time? I want more time to just play with my grandchildren!