On monday we still wanted to get out and do something as a family. I suggested we go hiking in the good weather. It was nice to get up to the mountains, and Gabe and Greta were of course thrilled. I did better on the hike than I thought I would. It helped we moved at the slow speed of a two year old. Gabe did awesome hiking up the incline parts. I even did okay. We actually went for quite a ways. Coming down was a little different for me, but I survived and had a lot of fun. We taught Gabe how to go slow when going down hill, she was so cute.
We took a lot of time throwing rocks and pinecones in the stream, walking on the fallen trees, hopping off the big rocks, running of course, inspecting every bug we came across, counting the trees, and smelling wild flowers. Gabe was in heaven, along with Greta who ran around in the water and all over the place at full speed.
I did see one other pregnant woman who made me look bad, but I was happy to see it wasn't as easy for her as she made it look later on in the day. That's so rude of me huh? :) We came across some ward members we knew on the way down the mountain. One of them a doctor who jokingly felt for my pulse to tease me. I told Adam after being a little sore this morning that a hike wouldn't be on the agenda again in the next few days, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself, as did the rest of us. Hope everyone had a nice day.
4 comments:
Good job Mand! You did it! It looks like you guys had a blast. We will have to go hiking when we come there next time. It looks like you guys have some awesome trails! Cute pics. Gabe probably loved the little bridge. The pine cone she is holding is massive!
We went for several walks this weekend too and I know it was a bit rough on Katrina. It's a good thing you were able to go Gabe's speed so you weren't half dead the next day! Great pictures.
Mom is right. Not to mention all the stairs we took! Oh, and the really stiff bed. I guess this isnt my pregnancy complaining post... hip pain was there though! Steve had to help me with the stairs sometimes. haha there were lots of them that weekend!
what an awesome activity! Eric & I always talk about going hiking, but we never do which is really a shame because we have some of the best trails in the country right around us! Love the pics! Oh and I feel your pain, I remember climbing all the stairs during football season while being pregnant with Sarah Grace...no fun!
Post a Comment