It's been one heck of a week. It really has. Adam worked 75 hours this week. He knocked doors all day, had a first official appointment with a client, and stayed up very late studying for his insurance test. When we got to see him, it was rare and too short. I told him I felt like he was out of town again. On top of that we had Ollie teething, a day we were assigned to make dinner for someone in the ward, a day our pipes in our bathroom got backed up somewhere in the ground and poop water was coming up from the toilet and the bathtub (so gross and a very long story I don't wish to explain right now), and I had no car and had to cancel two different play dates invites realizing there was no way to travel to them. It was a rough week. BUT, Adam did pass his test so that was a wonderful relief, and conference was a nice welcome to the end of the week in our house. It was so peaceful and so nice spending the day as a family. It was SO needed, and we loved every minute of it. I tried printing Gabe off some fun stuff but our printer gave us all kinds of issues (to add to my week), so we just gathered stuff she already has to play with, and she was content. We told her she had to play/color quietly by herself and she was good and she did. I was surprised by how much she did hear, and would comment on. Adam and I got to cuddle and actually listen. Ollie is independent so he entertained himself and was asleep for the other session. It worked out well. We spent the rest of the day playing, munching, going on a walk to the park, and just hanging out. LOVE LOVE LOVE CONFERENCE, such good messages.

Celebrating at a burger joint after Daddy passed his test on Saturday.


Gabe LOVES hot dogs. Adam isn't a fan of them, and I HATE them. I can't even handle the smell. So it surprises us she is sooo in love with them right now. We didn't argue, at least she was eating.


I did make a few things for Gabe before my printer crapped out, thanks to pinterest.
wrestling the candy box away from Ollie. He was determined to get some, and usually was successful in his diving for them.


Hey, whatever kept her quietly entertained.

In between sessions we played, watched some football, and munched.

They were playing Aladdin and Jasmine. Ollie was Abu as they flew on their carpet. :)
Hanging out at the dog park.

3 comments:
Looks like some good food. Yum yum. Quite the sticker fun you've got going there. Gabes conferene comments were hilarious! Loved readin about it.
After your rough week (especially the backed up pipes...aahhh!), I bet relaxing and listening to conference was heavenly! It was so good! I have to admit, your munchies made my mouth water. I am definitely not a hot dog fan either! I have bad memories of sitting at the table for hours with those. ha. My kids love them too.
love those cute pictures. sorry you had a tough week. hate those.
Post a Comment