Monday, October 3, 2011

Life with Ollie

I wish that you all could spend one day in my shoes, to fully appreciate Ollie. Being able to witness how his mind works, and his everyday discoveries still amazes me. He is the most determined adventurous little man, but has the sweetest loving side to him. He also is becoming the BIGGEST tease. He loves to try to tease us all and get us to laugh. It's a fun new trait. (most of the time) Here are some others:
He's kinda finally getting enough hair to get some "bed head".
Being silly and trying to get a laugh
Serious messes are always in his wake. I need to do a post all about the messes I clean up all day.
He CLIMBS everything!!! Everything is his new step stool. He goes and gets Gabe's stool and moves it over to things he wants to climb up on. So I have to put the stool up high so he can't reach it. Then he discovered he could use his new toy as one as well. AH! When I shower I have to hide toys, cover things up, and disassemble the slide so he won't hurt himself while I can't watch him for a few minutes. He has his own kind of baby proofing. It's nuts. He also tries to climb out of his crib. He's nowhere close to doing it, but it doesn't thrill me that he's trying, cause that means he will get it eventually. (He's a determined creature and never stops trying at something)
He now loves to open the fridge, our garbage can lid, and is working on the toilet. Heaven help us, this little man is too smart for his own good. Our fridge is old and crappy and hardly stays shut by itself anyway, so it's easy to open. Otherwise, I doubt he could get a normal fridge.
Of just finding what else he can climb. When we go to parks it amazes me what he can get himself up onto.
He loves pointing to different body parts. All though, now he LOVES to stick his finger in his nose. He thinks he is so hilarious.

Loves to cuddle his Daddy any chance he gets. Heres's the soft sweet side that he has as well.
This is his new thing, that we all laugh and love. He scrunches up his face and sniffs in and out of his nose REALLY fast. He knows it makes us laugh, so he does it to get us all going. Cute boy.



He still doesn't talk much, and if I hadn't been warned by my pediatrician that boys are like that, I might be worried. Only because Gabe was a yacker. (She still is) He just doesn't care. He doesn't have the patience to learn sign language either, even though we are still working on it. I'm okay with it, cause I know he knows what things are.

He is SOOOO smart. Usually I ask him if he wants to go get in the bath and he beelines toward the bathroom. The other day I asked him and he started trying to take off his shirt. I can tell him to go get his shoes and he will. I can tell him it's time to brush his teethies, and he goes straight for his toothbrush. I can ask him what he needs and tell him to show me and he'll lead me over to whatever it is he is wanting.

He now can stand up on his own.

When he tries out new food he chews it really fast in the front of his mouth with his teeth. If he likes it, he swallows it, if he doesn't he spits it out. He's kinda becoming more selective as to what he'll eat. This is REALLY hard for me, cause I already deal with his picky picky sister. SOOO mealtimes are a little rough.

When you ask him to do something, he usually does opposite thinking he is so funny, laughing the whole time.

We used to tell him, "Good job buddy!", then we would clap. Now anytime anyone says oh good job, Ollie automatically starts clapping right on cue. It's funny. Gabe does it now just to get him clapping. She then will usually start bowing saying, "Thank you, thank you." :)

He makes this cute kiss noise when you ask for a kiss.

Last but not least, he LOVES to dance. He is nonstop moving, but music stops him in his tracks. If it's something peaceful like Mormon Tabernacle Choir, he just sits so still and listens. It's amazing to me, cause he is always moving. If it's something more up beat, he won't stop dancing. Too cute.

I promise you if you could spend a day in my shoes, he would never cease to amaze you as well.

2 comments:

Travis Laurel said...

Ollie is such an awesome kid, sure did love hanging with him. So adventurous.

Katrina said...

what a crazy little stinker. love that little guy. Ains loves to dance too. so cute when they get moving like that. cute cute.