Literally, their new favorite game is playing super heroes together. We went to Walmart and saw these really cheap (five bucks for cape and mask) super hero dress up outfits. We contemplated having Ollie wear his cape for Halloween even though it doesn't match very well with his costume idea. We let them both try them on and after a few minutes we decided that if we use it or not, we had to get them. They were cheap, and they both were having a blast playing in them.
NOW, they are kinda cheaply made, so I'm not sure how long they will last, but they are pretty fun. Ollie didn't love the mask idea, but the cape he didn't even notice half the time. I couldn't get Gabe to take any of her stuff off for anything. I had to convince her she didn't need to wear them to use the bathroom or to eat dinner in. Cute girl, she
LOVES anything dress up or make believe right now. I love seeing her imagination at work on it's own. If they aren't chasing each other around the house in capes playing
SUPER HEROES, they are pretending to
TRICK OR TREAT, or fighting each other as
PIRATES with our VERY worn out foam swords. Gabe also helps Ollie
"READ" books. I cherish the moments they "play" together, cause it doesn't happen too often right now. (Fighting on the other hand, is common) I can't wait until they realize how to communicate and play with each other better. Until then, I am documenting all the small precious moments I get right now, cause they make me happy.



I told her to show me a Super Hero pose and this is what I got

This is her explaining to me what a super hero does. Not sure what the fingers had to do with it, but she insisted I watch her fingers

Super O


I decided to make some collages
4 comments:
Those are awesome! Look at Ollie go! You do have Super Kids!!!
Your kids are so photogenic! They have the cutest facial expressions and poses. Gabe's superhero pose cracked me up. And her over the shoulder pose is adorable! Ollie would make the cutest Zorro! He looks so big!!! Total toddlerville. No more baby! I love all the pics. So great they are loving playing super heros with each other. I always say my kids play well and fight well. I cherish the play well moments too.
That is awesome! Love it!
I love those collages. How fun to play. And a great documentation of it!
Post a Comment