Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Life with Gabrielle

We finally got around to some doctor appointments today. I know, with the move and getting new insurance, it's about time. Gabe's 3 yr check up, and Ollie's 12 month (one month late). Gabe was in the 70th percentile for height and 60th something for weight. Huh, who knew right? She's a little above average. She weighs 29 1/2 pounds and is 36 inches tall. We aren't sure what to think of our new doctor, we loved our old one. This one was alright. We've heard people love him or hate him. The practice that everyone raves about, out of all the six doctors, none are taking new patients. Only the new nurse practitioner. Not my thing, so there was only two other groups. Doctor Twiggs who we chose and has a night emergency care, and another guy. We chose Twiggs for his nighttime stuff. He was okay, but no doctor Clark. :( He was cute about teasing Gabe, and was nice to Ollie, so that's good I guess. I guess when it comes to an emergency we'll see how things go down and how we're treated.

Anyway onto some fun stuff. Anything with Gabe is fun, so let's do that.





* She definitely picks up on our lingo. We were walking into a store and Adam picked her up and swung her around. She says, "Dad you're so random."

*With Halloween around the corner, candy is in the stores everywhere. We walked down one aisle and she stopped and said, "Whoa! I've never been here before!" It was stocked full, she was amazed.

*When Travis and Laurel came to visit she was bossy and helpful. Travis was playing ponies with her and talking in a high pitched voice. She stopped him and said, "Travis, that's not how you play. You don't talk that way." He started talking normal after that.
"Good."
If any of you play ponies with her you will quickly learn how she wants things done. A lot of the time she'll tell you what to say too.

*She told Laurel one night when she found out they weren't sleeping here, "I know! You guys can sleep in the cemetery!" I promise she meant it as a compliment, she thinks the cemetery is so cool and asks to drive by it all the time. :)

* "Mom I gotta go now. See the time?" As she holds out her arm for me to see her imaginary watch, then tells me she is pretending to be Daddy.

*We watched Beauty and the Beast and she asked me why the Beast was yelling at Belle. (When she touches the rose) I told her he was frustrated at her for doing what he asked her not to.
She goes, "Oh! Like when you get frustrated at me when I pee pee in my panties." Yep. something like that. Only I hope I'm not quite as beastly.

*With one car right now it's tricky to juggle certain things. Adam leaves a lot saying, "Okay well call me if you need me." Gabe now tells him when he leaves, "Okay Dad, call us if you need us."

*I try in the nicest way to explain to Gabe that she's being difficult and I'm getting impatient or frustrated at something. I started telling her, "You're kinda driving me crazy." She now tells us,
"Mom/Dad, you're kinda driving me crazy." I'm sure at some times we are.

*Gabe told me the other day at lunch, that she wishes that Daddy wasn't a boy anymore so he wouldn't have to work and that he could stay home and play with us. It's all that she knows. She gets confused when I tell her girls work too.

*Gabe and I were both sitting on the couch and she asked to watch a show. I told her yes she could and to hand me the remote that was near her. (it was just out of her reach)
She goes, " I don't want to. I know! You can use your legs to get up and get it. "

*Gabe always says, "That's silly." You can bet now when she says it, she'll follow with, "My Dad is silly too." Whether she says it to herself or someone else, she always says that after. An old man was teasing her and she told him he was silly, and so was her Daddy.

*We were in the store and I told her we could look at the toys if she was good. She did pretty good and we started heading over to the toys when I remembered one more thing. Gabe goes, "You're kidding me right? Right mom? You're kidding me?"

*Whenever she sees a word that starts with a G, she assumes it says her name. She can spell her name, and I'll ask her to spell it and if she sees an A-B-E. She always tells me no, but then says, "But look mom, a G, that says Gabe."

*Another new phrase, "Guys, I'm serious."

*One day she told me she was a naughty princess. When I asked why, she told me it was because she wouldn't laugh. I think she's onto something there. People should be considered naughty if they aren't laughing and smiling throughout their day.

*Poor Greta still has nose issues, and we need to take her back into the vet, but we have no money. So we are kinda in limbo. Her nose it's as bad as it was, but she has her days. Gabe now calls her Booger-face.

* "Mom, I'm so DaPointed." (Disappointed)

* She'll yell from her room, "Mom, a little bit of help here."

*We had to get our temple recommends renewed and had to wait at the stake center FOREVER with the kids. The secretary was this old nice guy who gave Gabe coloring pages and a sucker. She told us, "Mom, he must be a doctor cause he is nice." She's had nice doctors. When I told her we needed to find a new doctor she told me she wanted a nice one that gives her stickers. (Our old one gave her stickers at the end of hers and Ollie's visits)

*Gabe made this huge mess in the front room and wanted Adam to play with her when he got home. He told he couldn't until the mess was clean. She wanted to play tag. She says, "Sure we can Dad," and starts weaving awkwardly in and out through the toys trying to run. It was a funny sight. It just shows how literal she can be.

*Adam asked her one night if she wanted a swirly and explained what it was. She told him no. Then he asked if they should give Mommy one. She got sad and said, "No, cause then we wouldn't have a Mommy anymore." (She thought I'd get flushed down)

*We were going somewhere and she asked if she could bring 3 toys in the car.
"Two," I said.
"But three is my favorite number!"
"I thought seven was your favorite number?"
"It is, I have two favorite, seven and eight."
Ha! What happened to three?

*She is wearing pants again and we had to explain she has to pull them up so her butt crack isn't hanging out. She calls it Bum Crack. Poor girl, pants don't fit her.

*Another new thing, "Mom let me see your smile!"

*During a prayer at dinner she says," Please bless Ollie that he won't bit (bite) me anymore. He's kinda a stinker. Stinkers do naughty things. But sometimes he's a turkey."

*She tells me a lot at dinner, " Mom I don't want to eat this."
"Why?"
"I told you I wanted something Yummy to eat."

*She told me this morning that her Froggy was tired. When we asked why, she told us cause he moved around a lot so he didn't sleep well, and so she didn't sleep well.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Gabe is such a quick thinker. She makes me laugh with all her funny comments. But it sure makes you realize what an impact what you say has on the children.

Travis Laurel said...

She is hilarious! We were playing ponies and she looked at my hands and says wow those are sharp. -my nails. I looked at them a totally normal length and said nope look touch one so she did and said ouch those are really sharp! Ha!

Grandma Krissy said...

What a smart little bugger! Great kid!!