Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday Highlights

*Ollie awake at 5:30 cause he pooped and I couldn't get him back to sleep. It threw off his whole day, and ours for that matter.
* Gabe watched the movie Bolt and loved it.
*Gabe and Ollie played swords a lot today
* Ollie was determined to get a rial out of Gabe. He was a stinker
*Had left over shrimp fried rice from dinner last night for lunch today
* I attempted putting Gabe down for a nap today due to her craziness. (she also asked for one) She never fell asleep, but a nice restful moment by herself did her some good.
* We built a ginormous hut in the front room. (I'm getting good at those) Ollie loved it and giggled and giggled with Gabe under it. He usually is asleep for a nap when we build them.
*Gabe asked about Daddy coming home about 20 times and about Michele visiting like 5 times.
* Ran to Walmart to get a few things and some bracelet making materials. The kids could have spent an hour in the Christmas section they had set up. Ollie kept pointing and jabbering away. Gabe was sad I wouldn't buy her Christmas wrapping paper.
* On the way home Gabe begged to go to another store, so I stopped at the Deseret book around the corner from us. Haven't been in one for a while, it was nice.
*Played ponies, and some other random games with Gabe.
*Made some eggs and toast for dinner. (simple meals I know my kids will eat are on the menu ALL week)
*Read some books with both kids, it's fun Ollie is getting into them.
*Got Ollie down at seven tonight. The early nap made for an early night. He usually goes to bed at 8.
*Gabe and I watched a show and made some bracelets. She loved it. I promised I'd have her friendship one ready for her in the morning. (bad promise, my fingers hurt, but it's done)
*Had a hard time explaining to Gabe why Abinidi and king Noah were burned to death as we read our scriptures tonight.
*During prayers, Gabe told me we needed more people to say our family prayer, it wasn't supposed to just be her and me. I agree, it's nicer having everyone there.
*Got to chat with my husband
*Let Greta run around outside
*Put Ollie back to sleep after he woke up (he's in a bad habit of waking at tenish)
*Finished this post and hopefully I can drop off. Last night I didn't sleep well AT ALL with Adam gone and Greta snoring and pacing. Another day down, four to go. Now if I can squeeze in some cleaning I'll be good. I didn't do my normal Monday laundry, so I'm already behind.

Sorry no pics, maybe tomorrow. I did take some of Ollie with his sword, but they are on my camera.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Every time I read about you building forts, making bracelets, reading to the littles, having scriptures and playing all of Gabe's random games, I am so happy my grandchildren have such a wonderful mother. You are doing a great job, Mandy.

KBPatterson said...

I have to agree, you are a totally amazing, awesome Mom! My kids love forts too. I love that Ollie was giggling loving it. Too cute! I can't wait to see your friendship bracelets. I bet Gabe is loving that you finished hers for her. One day down. :)