Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Daddy's B-day

I called into Adam's office and talked to Kay, his BOA and asked how busy his birthday was. Since he took over the office some appointments have been scheduled in advanced. Also he's not about to announce it's his birthday, so she wouldn't not schedule any on that day. In the future I'll probably make him take his birthday off, cause he can. I found out the first half of the day was free, and asked if she'd schedule appointments later in the week, or in the afternoon with the others instead of that morning. I wasn't gonna reschedule appointments, but I was determined make him have a fun morning. Especially since this is the first year we haven't been able to afford birthday presents.
Anyways I let him sleep in, and had intentions to send him mountain biking. I didn't make him breakfast, cause he doesn't like eating heavy before he rides. When he woke up he decided that he wanted to go hiking with the family, instead of mountain biking. So away we went. I felt bad I didn't make him breakfast, oh well. It was a lot of fun.








She liked having control over the water. When we were done hiking we grabbed a pizza from Adam's request, and ate it together before he headed into work for some appointments. I did make him a nice dinner that he requested. Country Fried Chicken with potatoes and gravy, some rolls, and veggies. We then hung out and had some ice cream pie. Every year Adam wants ice cream pie, even though I try to convince him into something different every year, but it always goes back to that. It was good. We put the kids to bed and watched Spiderman 3 together. It was a nice day.



Happy 29th birthday Ad! We love you so much and appreciate all that you do for us. I couldn't ask for anything better in life than you. Love your guts!

5 comments:

Judy said...

Love love love that ice cream pie! Who needs a major event when time with the family is in such short supply.

Lenard said...

Sometimes the little things mean more than what you'd think they'd like for their Birthdays! Looks like a fun one, and what better than the icecream pie DELICIOUS!!!

KBPatterson said...

That cave you found is so cool! We'll have to go there next time we are down. So awesome Adam chose to go on hike with the fam cause I know he loves his biking. That ice cream pie is making my mouth water and I don't even like mint. :) Happy Birthday Adam. Man you are getting old!!! :P

Katrina said...

What a fun, low key birthday. I think those are the best. Glad you got to have a fun day together even if he had to work half day.

Grandma Krissy said...

Yuummmy! Love Mint! Love IceCream! Hope he got my birthday wish text?