Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Weiss Thanksgiving

We went up north for Thanksgiving this year. Adam's brother was coming into town and we wanted to see him. Plus both sides were celebrating on different days so it made it nice to be able to see both sides. We also got two very yummy Thanksgiving dinners. Who could complain about that? Thanksgiving morning the boys + Shantay went golfing at a golf course that the owner left open for them to go for free. Ollie and the two little girls stayed with Kami and I. I attempted to help Kami make some food, but wasn't very successful due to Ollie and other things.

Grandpa's stuffed mushrooms were like always a hit. I think I ate twenty. I also was stoked my Grandma brought parsnips. It's been forever since I've had them.
Aunt Shelley brought some balloons to make into animals. Adam ended up making most of them. After much practice he was pretty good at making dogs, giraffes, and swords.
All my siblings were at their other side besides Kami and Brandon, and Grandma and Shelley made it down as well.
Dysen was so good about playing with Gabe when she was so excited to play with the nerf guns
All tuckered out
My most favorite thing about thanksgiving, Ty's turkey recipe from his recipe book from school. I laughed to hard I cried. Cute kid. (His is in the middle) I posted it just in case you wanna blog it Kam.
Friday I attempted to help Kami take family pictures, I hope you like at least one Kam! Sorry. We talked about going to temple square that night, but it was freezing with a lot of wind, so we had a movie night with take out instead. Way fun. Kami and I got a late girls night out night. We went and saw Breaking Dawn together. It was nice seeing it with someone who has the same opinions as me. Thanks Kam, I had a blast.

This is a horrible picture, I was was failing to try not to make my face look fat.

Gabe cried when she had to leave her cousin's house. She had so much fun playing with them all. Too bad Ollie was severely ornery the whole trip. He cried the whole way through Thanksgiving dinner. I promise he's a happy boy normally. I guess that's what happens when he doesn't sleep all night or take good naps. Oh well.

5 comments:

Judy said...

I don't see a fat face - mini Kami has the same face shape as you! We love stuffed mushrooms too - those look yum. It's fun to see the different family food traditions for Thanksgiving. And cousins are hard to leave when they are as fun as Gabe's.

Lenard said...

Looks like you guys had a good thanksgiving! Too bad we missed ya!

KBPatterson said...

We loved having you down!!!! The kids keep asking when you are coming back down. If I hear fat face one more time I may just have to kick your butt. It was so fun having a girls night out! Thanks for going with me. We need to do it more often! It's so hard when little ones get off their schedule! Ollie is adorable. We all know that and understand what happens when there is no sleep involved. And Sicily still talks about playing with her friend Gabe.

Katrina said...

What a fun weekend you guys had. I'm glad you go to spend time with everyone. I wish i could have gotten you to help me take some pics of Ains. I need new ones desperately!
I might end up going to Breaking Dawn alone, cuz I dont have anyone to go with. Glad you got to go with your Sis.

Grandma Krissy said...

Fat...whatever!!! You are too funny!!! What is the phrase?....Love your face?!