Sunday, November 6, 2011

Oh how I loathe Day Light Savings

Okay I know that I complain about this EVERY year in the fall, but this year seems extra worse. Maybe because I have a son who I have NEVER in his year of life been on a good sleeping schedule. He still doesn't sleep through the night. A lot of it can be blamed on moving and adjusting, and him taking a month to get one tooth, and sickness. He only has six teeth and part of me doesn't ever want him to get more if they all come in the way his last two did. I asked a pediatrician about it and he told me some teeth can come in that way, and others completely different. They would come down and go back up and come down really slow. Or just stop. So here's to hoping all of his others come in normal.

Anyway I finally got him on one nap, usually at the same time every day. He would go down between 12:30 and 1:00. He would sleep for two or two and a half hours, and we'd all be great. He'd go back to bed between 7:30-8:30. He just recently got to the point where he would sleep all the way till five or six. I'd give him some milk and rock him and he'd go back to sleep until 8:00. SOOOO nice. He wound't even wake when Gabe would get up between 7:00-7:45. It was just nice to Finally kinda know what to expect, and it was hard work even getting to that. Now, I get to start over. :( So loathe might be a strong word, but I really don't love day light savings.

Part of the reason he still doesn't sleep well is that he really doesn't know how to self sooth and put himself back to bed. Which is my fault for not letting him scream it out. Which some people are against cause it's hard to do. I'm all for it, if it helps establish a routine and teaches your kid good sleeping patterns. It's really hard to let him scream it out in this house. For one, we share a wall again. Two, he shares a room with Gabe who now wakes up if he goes for too long. And three, it wakes Adam up too. If I'm up all night with him, which it frequent I take a nap when he does. Adam can't do that, so I feel REALLY bad when he gets woken up all night. Oh Ollie, how messed up your sleeping patterns have always been. Should have seen it coming when he was doing summersaults all night when he was in the womb. Anyway, hope everyone else adjusts well! Here's my yearly rant as I'm up early with the O man.

6 comments:

Judy said...

Me too - 4:45 rolled around and my eyes popped open. Wish I could sleep in better.

AmyJane said...

A-freakin-men. Rough day over here too.

Lenard said...

That is so hard, daylight savings with kids is always a trick! Not a fun one at that either.

Grandma Krissy said...

I am so tired.....feel like I need to hibernate! YUCK!

Katrina said...

Move to Arizona!! haha i LOVED not having day light savings. It was weird having the sun go down early, but so great at the same time.
Sorry about Ollie struggling with sleep. I complain when A struggles, but she's mostly been pretty good- at least compared to O-man. Sorry. Hopefully the rest of his teething will be quick and painless!

KBPatterson said...

That's so hard! Especially when you just he was just getting a good schedule down. Most of mine didn't sleep well either so I can relate! Sicily is now in a bad habit of waking in the 6 o'clock hr again. Yuck!