We had a very nice weekend up at Kolob Resivore (sp?) fishing. It was amazingly beautiful and Adam has been wanting to show me it for a while. It's so crazy that by Zion's these red rock cliff have these beautiful green pines on top. It's the same place he and the kids went camping at a while back. We once again didn't catch a thing, cause after the beginning of the month they don't let you use bait anymore. So it's a little hard to catch fish with no bait. We are striking out catching fish. It also got a tad windy, so Milo and I hung out in the car to watch, and then he slept most of the time. The kids had fun running and casting, and throwing rocks. Gabe thought the concept of the very sick porter potty was so funny. She goes, "So you pee down on the poop?"
"Yep."
"That's funny, why do people want to pee on poop?"
This conversation was followed by some serious giggling.
It's not like people want to. Ever have to explain the concept of one of those to someone? It makes them that much sicker. Ha! We survived though.
That night we rented the Lorax movie and had a movie night on Mommy and Daddy's bed with popcorn and candy. Our kids were in heaven. The movie was quite political, but the songs were fun. I don't mind teaching my kids to take care of/respect nature, so I guess it was ok in the end, cause that's what Gabe got out of it.
Sunday Adam and I split up going to different sessions of the Brigham City Temple dedication that was broadcast. It was such a foreign thing to us that they'd cancel church for it. Guess we've lived out of Utah too long. It was very cool though, so we definitely won't complain. I couldn't help but look at the youth though and wonder if they'd ever get to experience a live dedication at the actual site in their lifetimes. Guess I realized how lucky I was that I got to when I was young. Especially since when we went to the Mt Timp one we were at the back of one of the rooms, and the first presidency quietly passed by without most of the room noticing, and we got to say hi to them all. Pretty cool eh? It is cool they and we got to be apart of this one though. Anyway, that about sums up the weekend.

3 comments:
As always.....you have such a wonderful family! And you do such wonderful things! Keep up the good work. Love you all!
Fun weekend. Too bad about the no bait - odd that they do that. Porta-potties are disgusting no matter how you look/smell them. I'm glad Gabe survived the experience. The movie night is an idea I may file away for next March - fun stuff.
Fun! I would love to take Ains fishing. But, we dont have fishing opportunities near by that I'm much aware of.
And yes- porta-potties are NASTY. I avoid them at all costs. I'd rather pee in the woods.
I want to get the Lorax for Ainslee. She knows the story from an App we have, so it would be fun to let her watch it. Again, its all about the bright colors and fun songs- just ignore the politics.
Post a Comment