1-What's new with Adam and Mandy...
Well I just got called to be an Activity Days leader. Guess I really am destined to have every primary calling right now in life. Now I have to say, this was a calling I didn't even think about but was really thrilled to take on. However, that was before all the details. I thought it was in the evenings and at someone's house. It's at the church instead, okay fine. It's also at 3:45 in the afternoon cause they get a better turn out for the girls to just come walk to the church after school. Ok I get that too and that's fine. What isn't fine is that I have to haul three young kids with me. Guess how easy it is to help the girls or get to know them when Milo is crying, Ollie wants to leave, Gabe and Ollie are fighting, and Gabe is whining about being bored or not being able to do what the girls are doing. Yeah it really is like I'm babysitting my kids in the room they are doing Acitvity days in. I'm not apart of it. Its like I just wandered in with my kids to watch. It's not fun. Everyone says, "Oh it's ok to bring your kids, nobody minds and everyone else brings theirs." Guess what? I mind. I feel like I can't help or do my calling well juggling my three kids. I haven't even had my turn to teach either. I don't know how well I will enjoy this calling. I know that sounds bad, but it's true. I've tried snacks and coloring and games and shows on my phone. Nope. So luckily it's only twice month. Hopefully the kids get used to it or something works out differently. I am trying to be positive.
Adam got called to be in the Elders Quorum presidency as one of the counselors. Nice change for him. They haven't released him from cub scouts yet as supposedly they plan to. I wish they would cause juggling both makes it hard. They conflict with each other a lot actually and he always ends up having to choose which to go to.
Adam's work is good. Still taking it one day at a time. Some days are busy and some days he's out knocking doors to keep himself busy and to grow the business. He has done well so far and I'm really proud of him. His company offers trips all over the world as an incentive to work hard. They call them Div Trips. You have to earn them by getting a certain amount of increase in four different areas, out of a bunch of areas. They give you six months to earn it, then it starts over for another six months. So you have the opportunity to earn two trips a year. These are NICE trips around the world. All include airfare, expensive five star hotels stays, and usually a rental car and breakfast allowance. Most last a week. Some include other things depending on where you go. ANYWAY, Adam just earned his first one. Meaning we get to choose from about ten different places we'd like to go in the spring. Most guys don't earn one until about 3 years into it. Adam earned his the first year. Way to go babe! You really are amazing! Once your office is more established, your growth from just the clients you have basically earn trips for you, so that's nice to look forward to in the future. We originally were gonna go to Mexico cause a friend recommended it and they paid for a lot, but changed and just signed up for Kauai Hawaii. We changed cause we are bringing Milo with us and it's a little easier having him there and we'll be able to do more. (According to the same friend) In the future if he continues to earn them we hope to take one with just he and I, and another later in the year with the kids. Some places are hard to take 3 young kids, but it's also hard to leave them for two weeks in the year, let alone one. Getting someone to watch them and feeling good about leaving them. We'll see that's in the distant future. Being so new he's not sure how often he'll earn them for a few years. But this year he did! Woo Woo! Anyway, come March we are off to Hawaii!!! Hurray!
Here's some pics of the place we're staying. No complaints here.
I'm giddy to go. Now if I can lose the rest of my baby weight + some, and get swim suit fit I'll be set. Got about six+ months to do so. I call it operation Hawaii. Wish me luck. :)
2-What's new with the kids.....
We blessed Milo this last weekend, that was great. He slept soundly through it and most of the day. Pictures and more on that to come soon. He is sleeping longer through the night and is such a happy boy.
Gabe is LOVING preschool and actually loves being able to work on homework with me at home. Her urinary track infection is cleared up so that's nice. Wish that meant she stopped peeing in her pants. Nope. I'm all out of ideas there. We have tried it all. She obviously does better, but it still happens occasionally. She has been making friends from school and church so that brings the new experience of "play dates". Its all new to me. Not sure how long to let her play, etc. She also just had her primary program and did great. She had her part memorized and said it well. She kinda sang, but won't do actions to songs at church or preschool cause she tells me she's too shy to. Even though she'll sing.
Ollie is getting more one on one with Mommy. It's good for him to play the helper/older sibling roll. He is talking up a storm and it's so fun. He is starting to put short sentences together. He repeats everything and is so good at learning colors and shapes. He also for the first time in his almost two years of life is sleeping all the way through the night consecutively. Sad we couldn't make it happen sooner we know, but he's stubborn. He's NEVER been a good sleeper, so its a big accomplishment for us all. We're talking like two weeks in a row now from 8:30 to about 7:00-8:00. Pretty awesome. He's just easier to reason with now that he can communicate better.
Anything Else?....
Nope I think that's about it. We are starting to get the hang of three kids. Not that it's super easy, but we are just all adjusting to the craziness. Ha! Things are good. I'm kinda glad summer is over. We are all ready to hibernate for the Holidays at home. Four trips up north in the last four months has worn us out a little bit. Bring on fall!
2 comments:
WOW!!! I am so proud of Adam!!! He is awesome. And what an opportunity. I am glad that the blessing went well. Sure wish I lived closer at times like these. Good luck with operation Hawaii....you will do great! So proud of you and your family. You have a great little family! Love all of you!
When you find out how to get the pounds to drop, let me know. I have 2.5 months till the wedding and I am not doing so well. Happy to hear Ollie is sleeping so well. I'm sure that helps both of you be happier in the day. Love hearing about everyone's stuff. Love ya.
Post a Comment