Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Milo's Blessing

We blessed Milo on Sunday Sept 9th. We knew living further away that it's hard for people to come all the way down or up for it. We were surprised by our turn out, cause we weren't expecting anyone to come. So a big THANKS to all that did. (and we know a lot of you wanted to that couldn't as well) We love you so much for it. It was kinda a hectic morning, like any Sunday is getting 3 kids ready for 9:00 church. We made it, and Milo was happy and content. I tried to feed him and make sure he had some wake time prior to going, so that when we got there he'd be out. He was and supposedly lounged during the whole thing. I was a little worried that with having reflux, if he started crying, and if the men started bouncing, than he'd spit up. Luckily he was good so the bouncing wasn't extreme, and all was well. Way to go bud! My husband gives wonderful blessings, and I'm so ever grateful he is worthy to hold the priesthood. I love hearing him bless my children, he did such an excellent job. Here are some pics from the day. I never got a picture of Milo in his outfit with just him, so I gotta put him back in it soon. It was the same one we had Ollie wear. I know some people give each kid new ones, or even fancier ones, but we like it simple, and sentimental I guess. 
The men in the circle
Posing with Daddy on his special day
The family that could make it. Thanks all! I love the craziness in the first picture. Considering how many people, it went pretty good for the second picture. 
Our good friends the Tanners. Words can't express how much we love these guys. We have been friends with these guys for at least five years, and have experienced so much with them. Are kids and dogs were/are all close in age as well. Fun Fun. We love that they came down to support us. Thanks guys!
We love this baby boy of ours!
Hanging out at the house. Thanks to all that made food or helped get things ready. 
Out to lunch the Saturday before. Dad and Janene were good sports about us all wanting Thai/Sushi. They even got themselves a roll. We were so proud. 
Gabe the chopstick pro
Crazies
Grandpa being silly with the girls
Gabe slept in Ollie's room on the toddler bed. It's hard to go back to when you are used to a Queen. :) She ended up all over the place.
 Aunt Laurel and Uncle Trav stayed and hung out an extra day. It was nice having some one on one with them. We fondued with the Dews. Ha! So yummy. They also took Gabe to the splash park on Monday, and were really great playing with my kids. Thanks guys! We loved seeing Levi more. Speaking of, that's him under the table as we all hung out. 
If anyone else has any blessing pics that I didn't get, please send em my way. Thanks!

1 comment:

Judy said...

It was great to be there for the blessing. Having you closer sure makes it nice to run up and back in a couple of days.