So we went to the doctor yesterday for Ollie's annual check up. Ollie was NOT excited to be measured and stand on a scale and lay down. He didn't want to be talked to, touched, or have any attention on him. We survived though. Gabe actually came with us, cause she had a follow up appointment for her urinary track infection last month. (Which she checked out great-no more infection) She weighed in at 31 pounds. I was hoping once she got on the scale, Ollie would want to too. Nope he didn't want to, but we got him on there with candy bribery. Yep I used candy as incentive the WHOLE visit. Ollie weighed 30 pounds. He is now only one pound behind his little big sister. It put him in the 80% for weight. His height shot up to the 97%. He's really tall right now for his age. His head is still in the 98% for his age. So overall he's growing great. His immunizations are all up to date until Kindergarten, so we're good there too.
Since it had almost been a year since he had his seizure, and he hasn't had another one that we know of (Could have had some in sleep but not likely) His chances of having more goes to like 50% by the time he's 14. He can play any sports and do everything other kids can. The only time we have to really watch him, is whenever he's in water, cause obviously a seizure in water is bad. Also if he gets extremely sick, more than just a little cold, like a flu or bronchitis, etc. than he has a bigger chance to have another one. SOOOO there you have it. I'll be an stressed out freak when he's in water, sick, or sleeping. HA! Cross your fingers that we don't have to stress over this his entire life. I got us all flu shots while there. The first time I've worried about that. Anyway life looks great and healthy for our little man.
1 comment:
2 year stats... unless he aged a year over night. :)
Your kid is so big compared to his little cousin (and sister!) I use candy as bribery too.
I'm sure the seizures wont be too big of an issue. Dont stress. :)
Post a Comment