Thursday, January 10, 2013

Happy 2013!

It's taken a bit to get going on blogging this year. I had to get some pictures from Kami from our New Years celebrating. She got a new camera for Christmas and it was a lot more fun to use than mine. Then dropbox was a mess sending them to me, and I wanted them in some collages. You get the point. Anyway, here we are.

It's so crazy to think that it's already 2013! I couldn't be more thrilled for it to be January. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the holidays, but I love the start fresh feeling of a new year. It's like it opens up all sorts of possibilities to strive and achieve, and ways to better myself. I always feel like there are so many things I could improve, or do, or even try with myself. The New Year gives me an excuse to do them. I love setting goals at the new year. I'm weird about having an official start to things, or starting my week of a certain way. So the new year is a perfect time to start things for me. This year is especially exciting with Adam and I doing 30 goals at/before 30. We have set aside time to organize them into daily, weekly, monthly, yearly goals. Then we got us a few excellent goal apps that keep them organized and easy to view and mark off when done. Nice to stay motivated. Now we'll see how many we actually get accomplished. It'll be great.

Anyway, for New Years we once again had the Patterson gang come hang out at the house with us and celebrate. We love having them. We always have a blast. They didn't tell their kids they were coming. They told them they wanted to go look at this house that had this amazing Christmas light display, and it was the last day they would have it up. It was kinda far away, but it'd be worth it. Kami secretly packed some over night stuff. Their kids haven't seen our new place, so when they rolled up to "get directions" to the cool place, none of the kids were excited. :) Some stayed in the car not wanting to get out. When they came in and saw it was us, it was a fun surprise and they were stoked they got to spend the night. I asked Kami if they were asking about the drive being long, she told me not really, they had prepared them about it being a while.

We just went to dinner. We decided that we really didn't feel up to making a bunch of munchy food like last year, so we just went out. We then came home and had a dance party, played games, and the kids played with toys. We had some fun Photo Booth props, so we took lots of pics. We also had fondue for dessert, which was fun. Ollie opted out around nine and pretty much put himself to bed. Milo still had ear issues, but slept fairly decent and didn't manage to wake anyone up later. Gabe made it to midnight happy and all the kids did well. The next day they were a tad grumpy, but that's to be expected. We went outside and did some sparklers, and confetti poppers. We then all were ready for bed. Even though Kami and I still stayed up visiting for probably another hour. :) We can't help it sometimes.

The next day we hung out more, went to a park, played on bikes, and did some snaps outside before they headed out. Lots of fun, we're glad they could come down.










This was the kids the next day at six in the evening. We tried waking them to keep them up, but it wasn't happening. Guess they partied hard the night before. :)





3 comments:

Judy said...

I love that Ollie just puts himself to bed when he's had enough. What a fun surprise. Did your kids know they were coming? Nothing like bringing in the New Year with family and friends!

Travis Laurel said...

Wow! that looks like the best party ever!! Awesome! I'm super jealous. we went to bed at 11:30 and at 12 kissed, happy new year. asleep 2 seconds later. :) Love those pictures. Mustache is hilarious!

Grandma Krissy said...

Great Pictures! What a fun surprise!