I really can't believe that he is already seven months. There hasn't been any huge changes or anything, but the month just flew by. He is sitting up well on his own. We are now starting to leave him that way when we sit him down. We still usually pile pillows around him though, cause he still hates sitting that way. When he's done sitting he'll just throw himself back to try and lay down. He's not sure yet how to get back to his tummy where he wants to be. He loves his tummy cause he can roll and reach and scoot backwards to try and get to where he wants to go. He now scoots himself backwards all over our floor. He ends up scooting under beds or the couch. He now also scoots in his bed and gets his legs stuck in between the bars, cause he can't go forward. It's a tricky new thing.
This month has also been super hard for us. Milo has had yet another month where he has been sick. At the beginning of the month the doctor told us that his retracted ear drum was looking a lot better, and almost gone. So we had a few more days of crazy and then a few nice days. THEN ONCE AGAIN, we had some crazy nights. This means something is wrong. It's getting so old for us, can't imagine how this little man feels. We gave it a few days, and he stopped eating well, and stopped sleeping well in the day, which is the only good sleeping he does, so we took him in. We couldn't figure out what was up. Our doc was busy, so we saw a PA, and she let us know no ear issues to worry about. Just a sore throat she said. So at first I felt dumb for bringing him in for a "cold", but I'm a little paranoid people. I can't help it. He's been sick forever. So we started trucking it through this sore throat. It got worse and worse. So last week rolled around and he was so horse that he started to sound croupy. And he was going on eleven days of this thing. I started worrying it could be strep. I've read and been told babies can indeed get it. So we took him back in. I couldn't ever get a good view of his throat to see myself. We went to the night clinic this time. The doctor was a jerk. She really was. I think she was stressed out, but she still was rude. She told me it was just his throat, not bacteria from strep. He sounded croupy, but he isn't wheezing so I shouldn't bring him in. (When Gabe had croup they told me to bring her in right away when I think she has it-so I thought I was supposed to) Anyway, she said she could swab his throat if I wanted, but it was just a viral thing and they are lasting for weeks right now. Usually they don't last that long, so it was good I brought him in, but I shouldn't have brought him in. She was odd. Oh well. So now we are still just working through it. He has horrid sleeping habits that are going to suck to break. I don't like letting him scream cause he's SO hoarse.
*He is really loving all sorts of foods. He seems to like veggies better than fruit. Rice cereal is still his favorite. Even if what you feed him isn't his favorite, he still will eat some. He's pretty easy going. He likes to bite down on the spoon when you feed him. Sometimes I can't get it out of his mouth.
*When he sees a bite coming he opens his mouth and his tongue goes in and out. It's pretty funny.
*He's getting to be a pro with his sippy cup. It helps that he's had LOTS of practice having a sore throat, it's usually our go-to-thing to help him.
* He loves to twist his tongue in his mouth.
*He loves to talk and talk- "Ah ya da da da."
*Because he's been so sick, he kinda assumes I'm putting him to sleep when I feed him. It's been a fun habit to try and break.
*I now walk in occasionally to find him sleeping on his tummy. I still think he prefers his side, cuddling his blanket.
*His sleeping is all sorts of messed up, hopefully by next month we will be in better shape. He still takes 3 naps in the day. His day sleep is so much better than his night.
*He never stops moving. When you hold him he is constantly turning in your arms trying to see things. He wiggles and squirms all over. He really would be a lot more happy if he learned to crawl, but I don't think I would. :) We are okay with him taking his time, cause once that happens, our lives will get more tricky.
*The older he gets, the more he looks like Adam to me. We watched our wedding video and all the pictures looked so much like Milo, we were surprised.
*If he has no binky he sucks on his pointer finger or thumb. He's had his binky lots with a sore throat.
Being sick is no fun.
I know food on the face pics really are only cute to the parents, but just so happens I am the parent and find him cute.
Rolling under his crib to get stuff
Trying out sitting up in the tub with his brother. He loved it.
This is a common thing for these boys. Ollie gives cuddles and Milo grabs his face and then they just laugh.
Nobody can get him to laugh like she does.
Taking a ride in Ollie's truck.
























3 comments:
The boys all look the same. Looking at the very last picture with all three boys in a "stack" it's crazy how much they take after Ad. They are so cute! Loves those cheeks!!
I don't feel like I have gotten to know this little man yet. I sure am looking forward to seeing him again. Sure has been a fast 7 months!
He is so stinkin cute! Sorry he has been so sick...poor thing!
Post a Comment