Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Life with Gabe

Gabe is getting so big and so old so fast. When we look at Milo and back to her, it's crazy to realize how quickly we have come from her as our baby to our third kid as a baby. We really couldn't be more grateful for such an AWESOME big sister. She is such a great help with everything. Here's to another year of posts about our Gabrielle! I try to include new things she's been up to, or funny things she's said. Here are the latest with her:

*Gabe NEVER stops talking and making noise. If she isn't talking, she's humming or singing, or making some kind of noise she thinks is funny. We joke she can't be quite and Ollie can't hold still. We constantly have to tell her, "Gabe stop talking and ...." eat or clean, or get dressed. She's a social thing at home. I always wonder how much she talks at school or when we aren't around. You can always hear her say, "Hey, hear this.."
as she bursts into something she thinks is extremely important to say or tell you.

*When we moved she was SUPER sad she was leaving her primary teacher behind. 
"Mom what's my new teacher's name going to be?"
"I don't know yet Gabe."
"It had better be a cool name like Cahoon. Now, that's a cool name." 
(That's her teacher she was leaving behind)

*G: Mom what are we eating?
M: Pork Chops. 
She had a confused look. 
M:Pork Chops come from pigs
G: Pigs! We're eating a pig?
M:Yes and hamburgers come from cows. 
G: Mom what does lettuce come from? 
M: A plant in someone's garden.
G: Mom, cows give us milk. And Chickens give us eggs. What do ducks give us? ...Water?
(As Ollie is just giggling the whole time in the background for some reason unknown to me) 


* "When can I have a birthday again?"
"Not for a while."
"How come? You don't get that many? Only like 3 birthdays?"
"Gabe you're 4."
"Oh yeah."


*"When I grow up and I'm a mom, you'll be a Grandma. And Daddy will be a monster. A old wrinkly one."

*We say to the kids, "Ok all done, " for various things. One day we were in the car and Gabe and I were talking. She told me, "Ok all done." My turn was over. She then told me all about her day. She now thinks it's funny to tease and tell you you're done. 

* "Mom I have two friends that are girls at school now. One is named Mackay, and another girl."
 "What's her name?"
 "Yeah I don't know, but she is my friend. Will you help me remember her name?"
"You've got to learn her name first."
"Oh yeah."

*One day while exercising she asked me why my face was red. I explained I was hot and sweaty and working out hard. 
"Oh. Well why aren't their faces red?"
"Cause they are good at these exercises and Mommy isn't."
"Oh you're bad at them so your face is red?"
"Yep."


*"Mom after I learn Z next time at school I'll be all done with my letters. Then what's left to learn? I'll know everything"

*"Dad are you teasing?"
"No."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes."
"Mommy is he teasing?"

Can you tell her Daddy teases a lot?

"Mom, is this healhty for us?"
"Green things are healthy."
"Oh that's why Daddy drinks Mtn Dew! I'm gonna drink Mtn Dew when I grow up."
Ollie pipes in: "Ollie dew too!"
What a lovely thing for my kids to aspire to. 

*Gabe thinks that Siri on the iPhone is hilarious. She always talks to her trying to get her to say funny things. She can be heard giggling uncontrollably the whole time. 
Gabe:Siri I love you
Siri: All you need is love and an iPhone
Gabe: I think you're stinky
Siri: It is I who should be thanking you.

*Gabe knows we have talked to Ollie about using the potty recently. She has taken it upon herself to teach him. Every time she has to go, she makes him come in so she can explain everything to him. He just humors her. Who knows, maybe some day it'll help? 
*On mornings she has school, she usually will go early with Daddy to his office and hang out for a half hour before she has to go. She loves it, and it's easier for Adam and his schedule. Her school is right by his work. This pic is from one of her mornings there. 

*Gabe enjoys school. She is really good at her homework, and is getting faster at reading short words. She is now onto numbers, math and sight words. I am grateful in our decision to send her where we did. After talking to some other moms whose kids go other places, it amazes me their kids can't even write their own names. I understand every preschool has different priorities, but I'm grateful to the one we chose and the confidence it's giving my child. 

3 comments:

Judy said...

I am impressed with her preschool. I'm glad she is enjoying it too. She is a funny kid. It's so fun to have you saving these quotes.

Grandma Krissy said...

She is so adorable! I love the "Oh Yeah"

Katrina said...

That gave me some great giggles. What a hoot Gabe is. Ainslee loves Gabe, she's always talking about her and your family.