Even though we are rounding on seven months, Milo's six month appointment was at the first of this month. I was annoyed at first, but now grateful, cause it was good to have another follow up appointment for him. The day after Christmas he had his follow up appointment to check and see if his ear antibiotics had worked. We were hoping they had, cause they were the second kind he had to take to fight it off and they were a nightmare. They gave him the worst tummy aches and crazy diarrhea. He still was miserable when we took him in so we were convinced that the meds once again didn't work. Come to find out they did work and he had no ear infection. Although, he did have a retracted ear drum. It pretty much means that he had a bunch of very painful pressure in his ear. You know how when your ears won't pop when flying or in the mountains? Like that, but painful. She actually asked if we would be flying and advised against doing it when he had that. It makes it much worse I guess. Luckily we don't travel too often by plane. He was worse off than when he had an ear infection. Bah! Our poor baby boy. There isn't anything you can do but numbing drops, and IB profin. You have to wait for it to go away. He got to hang with Mommy and Daddy lots in the evenings and nights. Not much different than since the beginning of November.
It did go away about a week later. It was a very long week. I knew this for sure cause he had his six month appointment and she checked. Even though he was still crabby. She said it was cause it was still slightly retracted, but would soon be gone. It was. He was sleeping like a charm and super happy after that. He has the last couple of nights been crazy again, but we think that's tummy related. Still has tummy issues. I can't help but be paranoid. Hopefully we get that figured out without more appointments. I'm hoping his next doctor visit wont be until his scheduled nine month check up. Since it wont be three months till new stats, I figured I should get his six month ones up, and some pics we took of him. Since it's winter we did some indoor ones. It's cold and windy outside. I don't love indoor ones and I'm not good at them, but luckily he was happy so that made it more fun.
Here the stats for our little man: He weighs 17 pounds 9 ounces. He's slowed down a bit keeping up with Ollie. I wondered when he would. That puts him in the 50% for his weight. He is 28.5 inches long. That puts him in the 95% for his height. Still super long. His head was 17.9 making it in the 87%. Still a cute chunker, and still completely adored. Now if we can just keep him healthy for a few months and sleeping well, it'd be a welcomed relief.











3 comments:
He is SUCH a cutie! I cant get over those adorable dimples and those chunky cheeks! Yummy! He's so cute. I think the inside pics are great, but youre right- its hard!
i just want to nibble those cheeks! My goodness he is so adorable!
You did an awesome job with inside pictures! He has such cute chubby cheeks.....with dimples! Look at the boy look he has when on the skateboard...
Post a Comment