Wednesday, May 5, 2010

20 Weeks and Counting....

This week is my official 20 week mark. I'm halfway. Wahoo! It went by fast, and at the same time I feel like I have forever to go. Ha! Things have gone so much faster with this one than it did with Gabrielle. It probably helps I wasn't sick as long. Time doesn't fly when you feel like crap. Also i kinda know how things go, so I'm not waiting for the next step. I love the second trimester. It's by far the greatest. You feel the best, you can still get around, and feeling the baby move is so fun. I have some hip pain, and some sleepless nights from them, but I feel great. It's crazy to me that sometime in June I'll already be in my third trimester. I'm not too excited that I'm huge already and that I will still double in size. Women in my ward and friends I know right now who are pregnant, are so little. I guess it helps they are tall. It doesn't help that I'm short and the only place for baby this little guy to go it out. Oh well such is life I guess. I had my first signs of an overheated pregnancy body yesterday. It was seventy something in the house and I was dying. Ha. It makes me a little nervous, but I guess I knew it was coming. So when you all see me through the summertime and I'm a smelly sweaty mess, fanning myself with anything I can get ahold of, please don't judge me too harshly.

Being pregnant with Gabe I wanted sweet stuff all the time. This one I feel thirsty all day long. It hits me in the evenings the worse, which is kinda a sick joke. I end up peeing all night long, cause of my water consumption. Mexican food always sounds good to me. I eat a lot more fruit than I ever have as well. Why can't you crave vegetables and healthy stuff when you're pregnant?

When we talk to Gabe about her little brother, she looks around and says, "Uh oh. All gone." She hasn't quite grasped that he's in my tummy, but she's getting there. Maybe when I get bigger, and she's a little older it'll kinda make sense. Now that we know what we are having I already feel rushed to get things done for some reason. I guess in a way I'm already nesting. AH! I guess I don't want to have it a month before I'm due and have nothing done. I know that won't happen if I turn into the nesting neat freak I was with Gabe. It's definitely fun to look at or shop for things knowing we'll have a boy this time. It's fun to see Adam's face light up about certain things the same way mine did when shopping for a girl. Anyway there is my pregnancy update. I want to be better at remembering things I went though being pregnant. I didn't write anything down with Gabe and I wish I had, cause I've forgotten a lot. So I'm sorry if you get to read through more of them in the future.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Glad to hear Adam is getting into the fun of prepping for the little fellow. Now if you two would go shopping for some fabric for his bedding I'll have something to do after the wedding and getting Katrina's bedding finished. What fun to have projects to plan for!

Katrina said...

Yeah, its a good thing the two of us can keep Mom busy! I wish I could do more nesting. I really can feel it building in me. I think thats why I've told Steve to start packing. Thats the best I can do at this point!