Saturday, May 8, 2010

Gardening




So this year I have done most of the weeding of our garden by myself. Gabe loves to be outdoors, and it gives me a good reason to get work done on it during the week. Adam is at work, thus unable to help. We didn't borrow a tiller this year, so before I planted I ended up digging the whole thing up with a shovel. Don't ask me what I was thinking. With my crappy prego hips, it hurt me for a few days after and kicked in some sciatica, but i survived and got it done. This year it will be interesting to see where our plants grow, and how things turn out. Gabe helped me plant the seeds you see. They didn't always end up where they needed to go. SHE LOVED IT THOUGH! A lot of the time she wanted to hold the seed bag and ended up spilling half of them in random spots. She was so happy to help. When we were through we had to call Daddy to tell him she was a good helper and she got to list off all that we planted. We have a few more things to plant, but for the most part it's ready to go. It may not be as pretty as it could have been with Adam's help, but Gabe and I made a pretty good team.

3 comments:

KBPatterson said...

What an adorable helper you have! I love that she was so excited about it! It will be fun to find out what pops up where...ha! Could I borrow her to help plant a garden? She could teach me a thing or two. Looks great! Way to go Mand!

Mike and Lillian Montoya said...

She is such a cutie! She looks all grown up. Thats got to be a fun hobby and you get to reap the rewards for all your hard work! Healthy rewards too :)

Katrina said...

cute!! i love her hat. i wish we could have a garden. alas, not this year. maybe next summer? who knows. with our luck we'll be moving next summer too. ahh... someday.