I really don't know where to start with this post. The thought of even typing this out really makes me kinda emotional. HA. It doesn't help I'm with child, and hormonal. I really can't believe my baby girl is two! AH! It went by way too fast. I know it's not like she is turning twelve or anything, but it's still throwing me off. It's getting to the point where my life feels so revolved around this toddler, I already forget how little she once was. Then I see a newborn and think, wow Gabe is so old. HA. Everyday she does something new that makes us laugh, smile, or surprises us. She tries so hard to be such a big girl. I of course have to make a list of some of the things she's up to:
* She has to help do everything. She always asks," Mommy, doo en? Elp?" She wants to know everything I'm up to and if she can help me. Cooking, cleaning, yard work, finding me shoes to wear, etc. Everything, she is my good little helper.
*When in church she now tries to sit like a big girl on the bench in her own spot, and sing the songs, and folds her arms and tries to imitate us. She loves to announce loudly after the prayer if she closed her eyes like a good girl. We'll take it while we can. When she isn't doing that she is making loud animal noises while the sacrament is being passed. This includes attempting to leap like a frog on the bench while screaming, "BIB IT!" Just goes to show that a book teaching about noah, isn't going to necessarily keep your kid reverent. It just reminds them that frogs do fun things.
*She now narrates everything for you. Everything you are doing, everything she is doing, she loves to talk about it. She refers to herself in the third person. "gabe eat en food!"
*She is always concerned if you are okay or not. If you sneeze, make a weird noise, or even glance at her funny, she'll ask if you're okay. She'll ask if you need a hug. It's adorable.
*She wants to wear a dress EVERYDAY, and pretty shoes. Whose child is this? HA. We have to convince her pants are really pretty too. Adam can convince her better than I can. So if I know she needs to be in pants, I send him in to do the job. After that, she wants those pants everyday, cause Daddy said they were pretty. Thus, the reason she never takes off these black and brown shoes, cause Daddy told her they were the best ones. She wears them everywhere, everyday. If you haven't seen her in them, you will I'm sure.
*She is going to be a perfect big sister, she is already bossy. She mainly bosses Greta around all day. "Reta Pum! (Greta come)" can be heard most of the day. That and her screaming NO at her. One day she came in to tattle that Greta wouldn't dance with her.
*She still loves to dance and sing. When hitting the last note of a song, she has to dramatically throw her arms up and belt out the note while looking upward and wiggling her head. I need to film it, it's hilarious.
*She is learning colors, and loves to tease you that everything is blue, when really she knows most of them. When counting she always says, "TOO, TEE, WON!" I don't know why, I try to correct her, but she tells me that's how it is. When counting to ten she skips four and five, and continues to ten. When she draws now, she tries to draw all of her shapes.
*If she is distracted when you ask her something, or doesn't know the answer, she say," Um, es, um, es, um....." forever unless you help her or ask her again. She'll just keep going.
*She always says thanks, and excuse me. She is so stubborn about please. She is getting better. I almost want to give her anything she is willing to ask please for, cause it can be such a chore to get her to say it. She is in a whiny phase, where we have started to teach her she needs to ask like a big girl. It's been lots of fun. ;)
*She loves to be outside, and begs to go to parks. She loves picking flowers, she could do it for hours.
*She is going though this shy phase, but if she knows you well she loves to show off.
*She is such a chipper, happy kid, it makes our home such a good place. Everyday she is growing so fast and learning so much. She repeats everything, and tries to do everything herself.
We were going to go to Sacramento to take her to the zoo, along with the little fairytale land that they have there. We have been planning it for months. There however, is supposed to be snow over the Donner pass around the time we'd come home, which we have no desire to drive in. Snow in May! I'm so sick of it. So we are gonna do something around town as a family. It'll be a nice day hanging out together. We want to make sure she has a fun day. Happy Birthday Goose we love you!!!
9 comments:
Thanks for the invite. . . and the new pictures. Wow! 2 years old. She is one smart little girl. Sounds like she picks up on everything.
Love to all,
Grandma Mac
Yea!! Happy birthday beautiful girl! She looks gorgeous and so grown up in her pics! I love the flower in her hair. I love that she likes the girlie clothes but will wear what Dad says are pretty. Lets hope she always dresses according to Dad's likings...right? All your little tid bits about her are so cute and fun! She has such a fun personality. We can't wait to see her when you come down. We celebrate a late bday! We love you Gabe!
We Love her so much!!! I can't believe how big she is getting. Hope to see her soon!! Give her LOTS of big hugs and kisses for us!
I think her daddy's daily races in the living room has gotten her counting funny. He counts down 3 - 2 - 1 and she just counts 2 - 3 - 1 in a goofy imitation. What beautiful pictures you got, she's so good at posing too. Happy Birthday beautiful Gabrielle!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GABERS!!! Can't wait to see her in person, and see how fun she's gotten in person. she sounds so smart and silly at the same time. Hope she has a good birthday and we'll celebrate when ya come down. Love ya Gabe!!
Happy Happy Birthday Gabe! I can't believe she is 2! Crazy!
Happy Birthday Gabe! Love the pictures, she's such a cute little thing! Sorry I didn't mail off those gifts in time!
Yay Gabe! Happy Birthday! The pictures are adorable. She looks so cute in them all. Steve and I both giggled at her daily actions. She's going to be such a great big sister.
We sure love our beautiful grandaughter!
Post a Comment