Friday, May 11, 2012

At 33 Weeks

I was so excited that baby was sideways, it made life a lot easier. Well I jinxed myself. Baby has tuned head down. I no longer feel baby on the sides of me. I now feel it how I have felt my others, down in my pelvis grinding on my nerves and joints. Oh the joys. It's funny how things changed as soon as it flipped. Swollen ankles, unable to bend over very well, shooting pain, and having to lay in some random positions to get some sleep. When baby moves it hurts a lot of the time.  Now this is the third trimester stuff I am used to. I can't complain too much, cause I really got lucky having baby sideways for a while. The only thing I don't love is the nausea I now am experiencing once again. Man, I can't catch a break. Ah well, I'm on the home stretch right? Ha! It's a lot of work to do some simple things, but I am surviving.

Had a doctor appointment this week. I gained a few pounds. Not excited about that, but what can you do?My thyroid test came back good. That's always nice. Everything else is normal. I'm one of his two patients waiting to find out the sex of their baby, so he's pretty stoked to deliver our baby. It's fun to see him excited too, and to have him guess back and forth. He changes his mind like we do. I asked if getting pregnant with one sex or the other is harder, and he told me it's a myth. He told me that 51% of babies born are boys, and 49% girls. Thought that was interesting. I measured big again. I keep measuring bigger and bigger each time. He isn't concerned about it yet, cause it's normal, but we still get to watch it. I told him my girl was tiny and my boy big, so he said maybe it is a boy if it follows my other's trend. After we were thinking girl, I left thinking maybe this kid is a boy. Ha who knows. I told you we really have NO idea. Everyone who sees me assumes I'm due any day. I hate when I get this huge, cause then I have to continue to tell people I have like 7 weeks still. Oh well.

My apps are telling me to start making sure I have the baby necessities ready. Well today we sent Adam up to gather all our storage in a truck and haul it back down. We got a deal on a truck, so we had to get it done soon to use the coupon. I love my husband who is willing to do this for us. Love you babe! He wants to do it in one day, so it'll be a long day. It'll be so nice getting it all here and ready for baby. Even though the project is a little overwhelming too. I was gonna shop for baby this month, but I gotta take inventory first, so I think it'll happen the beginning of June. I'm supposed to stay way hydrated so I don't' have false labor. No problem there, I am always thirsty and downing water.

Baby is about 4 lbs and 17 inches. It's just working on becoming fuller and plumper. It's bones are still hardening right now. It can now tell the difference between night and day. It can respond to bright light against my tummy. We witnessed that recently with Ollie shining a flash light on my tummy. Baby wiggled and wiggled.  Pretty cool. That's it for now.

1 comment:

Grandma Krissy said...

I am so sorry that I can't be there to help more! You are a trooper! That is really interesting about the baby and light.....love it!