So I have to explain that Gabe is used to birthdays where friends come over and help celebrate and eat cake. So since we have NO friends here yet, it made it extremely tricky explaining that to her. She kept wanting to know who was coming over for her birthday. Poor girl. Some day. So I kinda went out of my way to make it as special as we could for her, especially since Adam worked a half day. Since my b-day she had some high expectations for her decorations and a full day of fun. Adam teased it was my fault, cause I go all out, but he's the one that decorated for my b-day. :) When we put her to bed the night before she kept telling us we needed to go decorate while she was asleep, so she could wake up to balloons and streamers. She also said if we didn't, she'd still be four, but sad. Cute girl. So we decorated kinda all night, but kinda our fault for procrastinating.
We got her a new bike this year for her b-day. It's the one thing she REALLY wanted. She kept saying she wanted a new big girl bike. It took us a while to find one that was half decent for her. We say that, cause we could only find character ones, which is fine if they were stuff she liked. They had Dora, or Pinkilicious (whose books I DON'T love), or other random things she really isn't that into. We considered just ordering her a princess one, cause all the stores around us had nothing else. Well Adam stopped at Toys R Us while up north getting our stuff, and got her one on the way back down. We got her a 16 inch one. Really a 14 inch one fits her perfect, but she'd out grow it way soon, so we got her one that is a tad big, but she can still ride and grow into. Nana and Papa got her the fun table and chairs. The kitchen was a spontaneous buy that wasn't planned. We went into a kid to kid and it was $15. The one we had up north was a hand me down with half the stickers ripped off, and none of the buttons work. So we decided to get the kids this one, and it ended up being another present for her cause of our timing. We got her a few little things she could open, including a helmet.
Here are some pics of her decorations that we took the night before. I have to apologize about the picture coloring. My camera had something wrong with it, and we have to take it in to get fixed. It is now unusable. NOT happy about that one, especially since we were told on the phone they think it's an electrical issue. Bleh! We found an old camera of ours to use, but can't find the chord to connect it to the computer. AH! So I'm glad we used our phones a lot that day too. So until we get my camera fixed, we get to use phones. :( Sorry Gabe. It's very frustrating for me seeing is how we are about to have a new baby we want pictures of, and since it crapped out on her birthday. I still need to get some new yearly pictures of her for her four year, but I can't do that either. So irritated by it.
We did this so she could break through it when she came out of her room in the morning. We worried she wouldn't know what to do, so we listened for her to open her door in the morning. It squeaks, so we heard her. Good thing, cause she was confused by it. Adam decided to go and film her. Let's just say she wasn't quite awake enough to run through it. Poor girl. It gave us a good laugh when we went and watched it over and over. Even when Adam asks her how old she is, she struggled.
We had a crown from last year, and I got her some nail polish and necklaces, and a badge, she could wear to make her feel extra important. The markers and paint are just things we have that I set out that we could do to have fun that day while Daddy was at work.
I think Ollie was more excited about the decorations than she was. He also ran right over to her presents, ready to open them. He did really well letting her do it all, and was plenty content to help play with her toys.
Taking it all in
We had her open her helmet. She was excited to have one, and had no idea we got her a bike to go with it. We brought the bike out later.
We also had this game from last year, and Gabe wanted to play it before Daddy when to work
This is about the time my camera crapped out
The coloring is messed, so I had to use the phone from here on out
She told me she wanted to look like a princess, and wanted curly hair for the day. So curly hair we did.
Kay, Adam's BOA got her a pony. Very nice of her. We spent the day painting, riding her bike, playing ponies, and sitting at her table while she made me food.
We had her a cake made this year. She chose Ariel. It was a perfect size for the four of us.
We asked Gabe what she wanted to do for her b-day and she told us the park. She really does love parks. If we had friends or family we would have tried out the bounce place or something. They have no Chuck E Cheese here, so she chose the park with pizza. There is this one park she loves to play "store" at, she wanted to go there. We told her when Nana and Papa come this weekend we'd go to the water splash park and the carousel.






















3 comments:
Oh goodness. What a birthday!! So exciting. You guys did great. I laughed the hardest at Gabe trying to get through the paper on her door. So funny. And Ollie trying to blow out the candle... HILARIOUS. What cute kids you have. I hope Ollie was nice to Gabe for a little while so her wish could come true. :)
I'm so glad she had a fun birthday. Your decorations are fantastic! I cracked up laughing at Gabe's attempt to get out of her door. Hilarious! And Ollies video of him trying to blow out the candle is so funny! He tries so hard too. Tell Gabe she looked like a beautiful princess for her birthday. What cute kids. Bummer about your camera...so frustrating!
Just realized I said a lot of the same comments as Katrina....oh well. Those were my favorites too! :) I guess I should have read the previous comments first.
Post a Comment