We survived with our Daddy being gone all week. Some days I wondered how, but we made it. Ha. I know that sounds a little on the dramatic side, but it's true. Only because Ollie was beyond crazy. I have to explain that he has been such a wonderful good boy lately. We've come along way with him. So this wasn't normal behavior. He is getting another canine coming in, and that's my guess as to why. I know it seems like he should be done getting those teeth in, cause I always mention them, but he isn't. His come down and go up, and then finally break through one at a time. It takes forever and we are always dealing with them. He has two that have broken though now, so maybe we'll get a break. Part of me just wants all the rest here and dealt with before baby comes, but I'm not that lucky. He was sooooo miserable during the day. He was throwing fits, and hitting, and biting. He would do opposite of everything I'd ask, so then I'd have to wrestle him into a time out. That part was exhausting, cause it happened a lot. He was out to take everything Gabe had and bite her if he couldn't have it. It was hectic. If I would try to go out and about to a store, or a park, I dealt with multiple public fits. It seriously was a little crazy. Ollie didn't sleep good at all, and still hasn't since Adam's been home. So Adam and I are both looking a little like walking zombies, oh well.
I didn't get around to doing many blog posts while Adam was gone, but I sent him lots of pictures and videos and texts of our every day stuff going on. Here are some of them I figured I'd post.
Certain days Gabe would have me send Daddy pictures of her pretty hair, or something cute she was wearing, cause he wouldn't be home to see how cute she looked. She knew he'd want to see her.
Playing some hide and go seek in one of the hall closets
A picture Gabe drew of herself and Ollie
While Adam was gone I had my 28th b-day. It wasn't too weird to me to turn 28, I think cause I kinda always thought I was. Ha! I loose track of how old I am. Sad, but it really is true. For some reason when asked I would go to say 28 instead of 27. Adam felt so bad being gone over my bday. It was kind of silly, cause if he was here we still would have celebrated this weekend. He wanted to still make it special for me, and had flowered delivered, with some birthday gift cards to some fun places. I got one to Ulta I wanted, and to a nail place to get some pedicures. LOVE it LOVE it LOVE it. When he left he told Gabe to make it special for me. She took that very seriously. She was worried she didn't have a present for me to open, and that she didn't know how to make a cake. I told her she could do that when Daddy got home. I told her just to give me lots of loves, color me some pictures, and to try not to sit out like her brother. :) She did a good job.
I actually went to take a picture of him pouting on the ground, and when he saw me he sat up and smiled for me. Ha! I should have used that more to get him to stop crying.
A picture she colored for me. It's a maze and she and I were on the top and we had to find our way down to a present.
After having us try to wander fun stores for my bday go really bad, we came home and ate pizza. This was a little video of Gabe getting Ollie to laugh.
Showing Daddy how cute she was in her dress
Gabe finally recruited Ollie to play prince and princess with her.
After a bit he didn't want to wear his cape, and she really wanted to play still. Her solution was to switch roles. She decided you couldn't not have a prince, so she'd be the prince, and he could be the princess. It didn't last long either, cause he wasn't too excited about the crown.
We decided to try out the new Hurricane water park one day. It just opened. Honestly, I did NOT love it. Not cause it didn't have some fun things, only cause both of my kids fell and slipped a million times. It got so old, and within twenty minutes of being there they both fell around four times each slamming their heads on the cement. Ah! They weren't the only ones either. I saw multiple kids do it. That was without running by the way. I guess I need some water socks or something if we want to keep attempting that place. Ollie actually wanted to go play on the regular toys that were close by more than he wanted the water. He's very into slides lately, and they had a steering wheel.
The other hard thing is this planter box, that's what I think it looks like so I call it that. It's the favorite thing to every kid there. So it usually has ten kids trying to walk in it. Gabe fell off this too.
Ollie is obsessed with belly buttons. He loves not having a onsie on so he can see his
We had to go get Daddy at 11 pm at night on Wednesday. Gabe slept through it all. Ollie woke up before we had to leave and ended up just hanging out with me until we left. Then we couldn't get him back to bed until around 2:30. It was a little tricky.
Both kids were so happy to have their Daddy home, can't blame them one bit. He makes everything fun. Gabe told me she missed Daddy the most, and I could miss him the best, but not the most like her. So glad your'e home. We missed you Daddy and love you lots.

















4 comments:
Awwwwww.....and too bad the water park is so slippery! Glad their daddy is home....
If it is that bad when he is gone I think I should come down and help tend the munchkins while he is gone! It sounded exhausting for you.
I always check your blog and then one day I get on and boom! Tons of posts. Always surprises me. Love Gabes dress. Sounds like you had a fun time even though it was super difficult with him gone so long.
I only have 1 kid and I find it tricky when Daddy is away. Sorry Ollie was so tricky. So it goes It seems. A's canines have been tricky too. Theyve cut, but dont seem to be coming out! She's had swollen bumps right there for weeks.
I think water shoes would be a great idea for that park, not only for slipping but for cleanliness.
Post a Comment