Sunday, April 29, 2012

Around the House

Daddy's work has been slammed this week. We don't complain, it's great, but he has had some long nights getting things done. The nice thing is, it's right by where we live and some nights we can go hang out at the office while he gets stuff done. The kids love it there, and they are too entertained to get in Daddy's way. Gabe is very into coloring, drawing, and letters right now. Some letters she can write by herself, but right now she loves copying things you write. Here is her great attempt at her name. She was so proud, not too bad for an extra long name eh? We do officially have her enrolled in a preschool for fall. it actually was kinda stressful finding one we felt good about. She is stoked and tells us she wants to practice for it. She also is getting really interested in trying to read on her own, so that's nice. 
This is her drawing a picture of her bear sticker. She likes to find things, and then try to copy drawing them. She's getting pretty dang good if I do say so myself. 
Ollie being his cute self. I love those big eyes, they are my favorite.
 
Gotta love Daddy teaching him how to be destructive 


This week I ventured our to a ward Girl's night on Thursday. It was a little random, but nice to get out and meet new people. I was very proud of myself, cause group things are not my thing. I'd rather just hang with a few people. Then Friday night we got a babysitter, one of the substitute BOA's from Adam's work watched our kiddos. Her name is Tamera and the kids love her. She's an older lady who doesn't have younger grand kids anymore or close ones. So she asked if she could watch them while we went to a work dinner. They all had a blast, and Ollie did great. It was nice to visit with the other FA's in the area and their wives. 
 My wonderful hubby let me sleep in Saturday and he hung out with the kids. They played with some leggos that Tamera let them borrow. They got us some take out breakfast, and did some fun things around the house. 
While Daddy cleaned the garage, the kids played. Gabe is very into her bike right now. She needs a new big girl one. (bday plans) Daddy even hooked up the trailer. It worked well and she could easily pull it, despite the video where she gets stuck and yells, "Come on!" She got that phrase from Daddy.
 
Also Saturday I asked Ad to build me these shelves for our storage bins that I saw on Pinterest. We didn't want to spend tons of money on shelves for the garage knowing we wouldn't live here too long. So this was the cheaper nice option. I can still stack my bins, and have them easily accessible to slide around without moving all the others. Once we get our stuff from up north, they'll all be filled. Thanks Babe you're wonderful!
 When Gabe and Daddy ran down to St George to get supplies at Home Depot, they took a detour to a golfing range. Gabe got some golfing in as well. When I asked how she liked it, she told me it's lots of fun, and like the library cause you have to be quiet. 
Here's some footage of her skills

3 comments:

Grandma Krissy said...

Such talented kids....husband...and you! I love the videos!!!

Katrina said...

cute kids. i'm impressed by gabe's golfing skills. she hit that better than i could!

Travis Laurel said...

Can't watch the videos on the iPad too bad. I bet they're fun! Gabe is such a smartie pants. It amazes me how smart my nieces and nephews are. They'll all be such good teachers to Levi.