Day two, Saturday we planned a trip to Mission beach, which was close to us. Adam has been there a few times before. Afterwards we were planning on driving home. We let the kids sleep in, ate some breakfast, and packed up the room before we headed over. Gabe knew this is what we were doing this day, and was SO excited. She LOVES the beach. I think she could play in the freezing water all day. One of these days we'll go to a beach when the water isn't so cold. Doesn't make too big of a difference for her, she gets in regardless.
We wondered how Ollie would do in the sand. We thought he would freak out a little when walking in it, but he didn't care as long as he could keep his shoes on. Gabe hates the sand in her shoes and has to take hers off.
Out to the water we went
As soon as Ollie touched the water, he was over it. We could not get him back in. That water was SO cold.
These two on the other hand, played in the water most of the time we were there
Most of the time while they were in the water, Ollie just wanted to sit on my lap and cuddle. He didn't want to get down. Once Daddy came back up, he showed Ollie how fun the sand was.
Ollie loved flattening everything they made
Getting their legs buried in the sand
Ollie was fascinated by the ice in the cooler. Daddy kept putting it on him, and he thought it was funny. He kept wanting Adam to do it.
I was kinda the official cuddler. Whenever they wanted snacks or some warming up, they migrated to my lap. I don't even own a pregnancy swim suit, so I hung in my clothes. I was there having fun though too I promise :)
After the beach we rinsed off, changed, and headed home. I wish we would have gone to some of the touristy shops before we left, but the kids were done. Maybe next time. We got home around their bed time. This round didn't go as well with Ollie. They both took a few hour nap for a bit, which helped. As soon as we hit Nevada, he screamed most of the way back. Yep, that's a few hours folks. Nothing new, that's usually how rides go with Ollie. Gabe asked where Hurricane was when we were still in California. I guess next we need to leave later like we did to get there. Oh well. We didn't want to get home as late this time.
Our trip was wonderful, we has SUCH a nice time. Adam and I decided that we will take random weekend/vacations a lot more as an indiviudal family. We need it, it's good bonding and helps relieve some stress. Here's to more future fun trips. We also decided we might make San Deigo a annual thing. So much to do there, and so much fun.

















4 comments:
Ollie's cute little cheesy smile makes me smile. I love his pics hanging with Adam on the towel...so adorable! I am surprised he liked the ice cubes on his tummy....too cute. Gabe's pics of her and Daddy jumping in the water are stinking cute too. I am so impressed she loves the water even when it is cold. Once again, adorable pics! And hey, can't complain about being the official cuddler...love it.
What a beautiful day at the beach! I love the coast! It is so relaxing to me the ocean waters...
that looks like so much fun! i would love to take weekends like that with our family. maybe we'll start in a few years. looks great!
That trip sounds delightful, (except for the screaming ending!) You got some really great pictures too.
Post a Comment