Well we finally got around to flying our kites from Easter. Sort of. It's not that we haven't wanted to, we just haven't had wind. Who would have known "windy" Hurricane isn't that windy in the Spring. I guess it's usually a fall/winter thing. Well you live you learn. Poor Gabe has been begging multiple times EVERY day to go and try to fly her kite. We have explained we need to go with Daddy and when it's windy. She tries to check for wind every few minutes. So last night Adam left work in a hurry to try to catch some of the breeze that had picked up. We had a picnic dinner, and headed up to this park on a hill to better our chances. Well we weren't that lucky. There was a slight breeze. So we ran and ran trying to get them up. Yes I ran and ran for a bit too. We got a little flight if we kept moving.
He spotted a dog and was excited..
He then decided to be one himself.
Ollie was content just to climb up the stairs and go down the slide over and over while Gabe and Daddy tried and tried to get the kites in the air.
He did eventually want a turn
We decided to take a break and play for a bit. When we were talking of leaving, the wind finally picked up. We got some good flights. Gabe was in heaven, and thought that was a lot more fun than running and running trying to get them up.
She kept posing for me
Ollie could drive the steering wheel all day. He looks for them at every park we go to.
SUCCESS!!!
So then Ollie wanted a turn, and liked it too. He kinda walked off with it and eventually just let go.
If you look close you can see Ollie pointing to his kite flying away. And you can see the red handle on the ground a ways away. I promise the power lines were a lot further away than they look. A lot of people fly kites there, because of the space on the grass. Well when you let go and it's in flight, it soars for a while we learned. Ha! Over into power lines and into the dog park.
After a tangled mess, Daddy did rescue his kite
She was so excited to have it finally work. Seriously, I think the last time I flew a kite was when I was a little kid. It was so fun. Gabe was already begging to do it again when we were leaving. So I guess it is gonna have to be done more frequently.


















4 comments:
What fun!!! I am glad the wind finally decided to come around. Gabe looks like you.....
Last time I flew a kite was years ago. I never was very good at it. I did lots of running too!
Funny you just did this. We has a bunch of wind from a storm on its way in and trav said, man I really wish we had a kite to fly.
How fun! We have TONS of wind here. I should get A a kite, we have a big park right by our house that would be perfect.
Post a Comment