Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Around the House

One day I promised Gabe we'd make something yummy. I wasn't feeling too up to it, so I ended up making sugar cookies from a box. So nice we had it on hand. Adam and I started a house project, and Gabe wanted to frost the cookies pretty bad. So I sent her to it. It was her "important" job and she took it very seriously. She was so excited that she was the one in charge of doing it all on her own. They turned out delicious. When she was done she made us all close our eyes and come up to the table, where we opened our eyes to her yummy cookie surprise.



Gabe fell asleep for a nap, which hardly ever happens. Ollie woke before her, and was so excited to be able to be the one to get her up. She wasn't quite as excited by his enthusiasm to cuddle her and climb in with her. It was pretty cute though. She pouted and he cheesed it. 

Cooking anything is such a chore for me right now. Especially since it's so blasted hot in the kitchen when we do. So we BBQ often. We all love it. We usually make enough for salads and left overs for the week.

Doing a lot of park trips with the nice weather. I tried posting some videos, but it wouldn't work. Dang blogger. It's been doing so well lately. Not anymore, it's giving me issues again.
 

4 comments:

Grandma Krissy said...

Looks like you have some fun parks by you....that is good! I love it how Gabe is so into surprises!!! Ollie is such a Cheese!!! He is so cute!

Judy said...

What an important assignment for Gabe to actually do all the frosting all by herself.I bet she loved it!. Those parks look really great. Do they have any swings?

Travis Laurel said...

Yummy foods! I want some! We had rain today so sad.

Katrina said...

Man, I WISH we could go to the park more in the afternoons. Its ROASTING hot here, I never leave the house if I can help it. Its honestly in the mid 90's. Ugh. Its only April! I need to suck it up and just brave it.
Oh, and blogger only accepts videos that are a certain size, so if they are too long it wont work. I know that was my problem with a bunch.