I think this last week has been quite the tricky week. It's almost like my body realized it's starting it's 3rd trimester, so it's time to get serious. I call it my week of Braxton Hicks. Oh I've had plenty up till now, but this last week they have kicked it up a notch. I remember with Ollie I had them so much that I finally asked my doctor what was a healthy amount to be having. I didn't ask this doctor his opinion on it at my appointment this week, but I should have. I have them all the time. All day long. When I'm doing the dishes, when I'm sitting at the computer or sitting doing laundry. I have them when I vacuum, or play with the kids, etc. Bleh. They aren't my favorite. They say when you have them to change position or do something different and they'll stop. Mine do stop, but then start up again. So then I lay down and I have them. It just gets old. So this week I've had a lot of "down time" where I attempt to just relax when they kick in. It's obnoxious not being able to get things done some days. It also makes me pretty much not motivated to do a lot of things, cause I just know I'll be uncomfortable. Blasted things. Oh well. I also have had random nausea this week. Don't ask me why, but I hope that stops soon.
Also this week at my appointment they had to send me back in to get more blood work done, cause the tech that did it missed one of the tests she was supposed to do. Not ideal having to get it drawn again. I was more annoyed that everyone was trying to blame the mistake on everyone else. Even when it got narrowed down to the lab tech, she never told me sorry, she just kept trying to blame it on others or other things. I'm already there, I wasn't throwing a fit, just draw the blood and stop already. I finally just told her, "I don't care about getting it drawn again, mistakes happen." I also told her as long as I didn't have to drink stuff for another glucose test again, then I was okay coming back in.
I did pass all my tests with flying colors. Not that I expected to have a disease or diabetes, but it's nice to have it confirmed that I don't need to worry about it. I'm not even anemic and my blood pressure has been awesome. They missed my thyroid test, so that's what I had to get more blood drawn for. I don't know if they ever checked mine in Nevada. If they did, they never listed it. Having family that has thyroid issues, made them send me back in. I only gained one pound at my appointment. Hurray! My doctor was so proud. I was all nervous, cause I had tried all week to eat and exercise and be good, then we went out of town and I ate crap all weekend long. It doesn't help having Easter candy in the house either. I guess all those walking miles at the zoo helped.
Well I haven't been much of an insomniac lately. I always feel ready to sleep. It's kinda nice, and kinda annoying feeling tired all the time. Although I still haven't sleep due to Ollie teething. It's been a rough week for him, and he's been up a lot, and woken up pretty early. He's been cranky all week so it's been interesting. We ran errands in St George last night, and left without finishing some, cause he was so ornery. Poor guy.
Well I read that from now on baby will gain about a half a pound per week until it comes. Tripling it's weight from now. All organs are good and developed, only the lungs have to mature some more. The muscles are also growing more.The bone marrow is developing some more red blood cells for baby. I have a lot of amniotic fluid right now, cause baby pees up to two cups or urine a day. That's nuts, but I know the feeling baby. Ha!
We are working on arranging getting the rest of our stuff from Highland in Kami's basement around the beginning of May. It'll be nice to have some baby stuff we can get ready. It's also the month I plan to buy all the random baby stuff that we will need. I have kinda been making a list. We really have mostly everything we need, just a bunch of small random necessities. Maybe I'll feel ready once I get stuff organized. Either way I gotta start prepping myself, cause it's halfway through April! Can you believe that? I started reading my hypnobirthing book. It's weird I already have to think about that stuff. Anyway, I'll stop rambling now. Until next week.
3 comments:
Braxton Hicks are no fun. I had them non stop with all of my babies too. They can make things really uncomfortable. I'm glad all your tests came back ok. I don't think they ever checked my thyroid either....interesting.
time flies when youre having fun-- or rather having bh contractions. :S
Yes....good thing to have your thyroid checked with it being in my family...and me....You poor thing. But just think....not too much longer.
Post a Comment