I really do love conference weekend. Even though it's hard to watch a full single session all the way through, I still enjoy what I do get out of it and hanging out with our family. My last calling came in handy since the last month there I had to teach songs about prophets. I had a lot of fun stuff for the kiddos to do. Every time the prophet or apostles spoke, we got to put them in their chair. (it was from a song I did) We also played conference bingo, and I put together conference coloring books with stuff from past friend magazines, and ABC stuff for the kids. It worked well. The nice thing is I can use their coloring books at church now. I love using projects for multiple things, or when I can use calling stuff at home.
This was SATURDAY, we even managed to listen to some this day
We barbecued later on Saturday, but had some munches set out on the table. Ollie was sneaky and got up on the table to eat some of the celery. We had some awesome stuff up there, he wanted celery and ranch dip.
Sunday morning, Gabe woke up early worried that she would miss conference. Good to see she enjoyed herself, and I love that she was excited. I wasn't too excited to get up earlier than I needed, but it was a cute reason. Yep, all of us hung out in our pajamas most of the day. We all enjoyed it though.
We had some yummy conference munchies. The kids loved the animal cookies the most.
Finishing up filling up our chairs. She was sad when we took them down, but happy when I told her in October we could do it all over again. Then she asked when October was, and wasn't too pleased it was SOOOO far away.
I tried to put some videos of our random hanging out:
We played video tag with SG that day, that's why this one is addressed to her












2 comments:
I am impressed! Your chairs and apostles look fantastic! I love that Gabe was so excited for Conference! At least you know you are doing something right when your 3 year old is excited for it. I wish my kids would pick celery as their munchy of choice...cute boy! Your kids giggly videos are cute. We did conference bingo this year too. It was a hit.
I love the laughs!!! You are doing good making Conference a fun time....way to go!
Post a Comment