I hate that all these pictures turned out so blurry and grainy. Oh well, not much you can do when your camera is broken and you have to use your phone. Nana and Papa came down for a visit for Memorial Day Weekend. It was nice having them here. It's been a bit since the kids have been able to play with them, and they sure love to. Gabe was counting down the days until they got here. We sure were spoiled. Being huge and uncomfortable, I really appreciated all that they did to help us out around the house for the weekend. THANKS!!! I was spoiled, and hardly moved all weekend. It was very refreshing having my cooking and cleaning, and kids taken over for a few days. Just what I needed. My body and my kids didn't quite know what to do with themselves after they left. :) Here are some highlights from the weekend.
Ollie playing with Papa
Judy and I went to get some pedicures. It was her first one, so it was fun to be able to take her to do it. Even if I ended up with some random design on mine, we had some cute toes. We went to lunch and browsed a store as well.
Lots of hanging out on the back porch, the weather was nice.
We were asked wednesday night if we could speak in sacrament. Meaning that left us thursday to plan talks and get stuff ready before company came. Not ideal, but what can you do? This ward has a thing about asking the whole family to speak. That meant they asked Gabe to speak as well. Meaning her first sacrament talk was given at four years old. Pretty brave of her. I don't think she knew what she agreed to. She got some good practice in. When she gave it, she was a bit shy, but warmed up as it went on. She told me later there were a lot of people looking at her. There sure were. Good job Gabe we were so proud of you! Adam and I weren't quite as prepared as we like to be for talks, but oh well.
We fed the missionaries one night. They were really cute with the kids, and my kids loved them. One had younger siblings and was naturally good with Ollie and Gabe. Gabe practiced her talk for them, so when the missionary gave us a message, he humored her and used her microphone to give it. He also was good about my son trying to eat his ice cream off his plate, and was happy to share.
We got some game playing in
Ollie loved Papa's hat
Nana taught us how to use my new fondue machine. SOOO yum! Gabe was a fan.
On memorial day we went down to the splash park and rode the carousel
We always love Nana and Papa visits. Fun shopping, eating in the house and out, and visiting. Good times.













2 comments:
Good times for sure!
What a fun weekend. Yay for pedicures and fondue! Sounds delightful. I sure could go for some Nana and Papa time.
Post a Comment