I have to say that I really really enjoyed my Mother's Day. I did get spoiled, but in other forms than most would want I think. When Adam and I first had Gabe and we were talking about Mother's and Father's day, we decided that from the beginning, we didn't want it to be another holiday that we stressed about gift giving or spending money. I told him that I wanted to just spend the day with my family, not have to cook or clean, and get cute hand made gifts from my kids. I feel the most loved when I spend quality time with my family. That's my kind of Mother's day. It's the perfect kind. Maybe cause my birthday is so close to it, I want something a little different than feeling like another birthday. My family goes out of their way to make me feel loved. I had meals made for me, a bunch of cute kid things made for me, my house was cleaned for me, and I was told over and over again how much they love me. My husband made an amazing dinner with grilled steak, and shrimp per my request. SOOO yummy. I then got to cuddle my family with yummy dessert made by my hubby, and watch a show. I think most of all I love the day, cause it's a nice reminder of how much I love them.
At church Gabe got to go up and sing a few Mother's day songs for me with the primary. I was all teary eyed, thank you pregnancy hormones. It wasn't just cause she was singing songs for me, it was the fact that she was up there old enough to do it, and she was SOOO happy and excited to be. Where did my baby go? We then had some awesome talks on Motherhood. One guy quoted a bunch from a talk that Elder Ballard gave about Daughters of God, and Motherhood. It was so great for me to hear. He talked on the great key points of the talk, but the one that struck home for me was when he talked about recognizing the moments of joy in motherhood. I am a pessimist, I wish I wasn't, but I am. I try to be positive, but some days it feels like life is determined to be hard, especially as a mom. I tend to focus on how hard my day was, what I didn't get done, how crazy my kids were, or how hard being pregnant was for the day. I need to recognize my happy moments of joy among the chaos of each day. There are lots and my family truly truly does bring me so much happiness and laughter throughout life. He goes on to talk about recognizing these moments before it's too late and they are gone, and your kids are grown. Like Gabe singing with the primary, I know it might seem silly to some of you, but it amazes me she's to that point in life. She's so big, and we are about to have three kids! So here's to being more positive and focusing on my moments of joy, before they are gone. Here are some pics to prove we have fun and goodness in all it's random forms.
I love my Gabe moments. Gabe is hilarious. She is pretending to be Daddy right here. She is constantly doing or saying something that makes us laugh or smile. She's the best helper ever. As much as it can be tricky to get her to get along with her brother, she is ALWAYS willing to help anyone, especially him. She is a wonderful example to us on how to be loving and giving.
I love the simple things that can entertain my kids
I love my Adam moments. He serves and helps us all in so many ways. I love my husband who finds it important to spend quality time with each of our kids. Even when he ends up spending the day playing dolls, being a prince, or ponies with Gabe. He always makes it fun for her, like having a photo shoot with her toys.
I love cuddle moments in this house
I love my Ollie moments. He is such an active, stubborn boy. There are such great moments that things just click for him and with us. He'll learn a new word, or try something new, or make us laugh. He knows that panties are associated with going potty. So he put some on, and sat on the potty. Smart boy. I love that no matter how crazy he can be, he above everything else, will ALWAYS cuddle you.
Gabe was there coaching him on how to do things











4 comments:
So Adorable! What a nice mother's day. I think I might have to implement that with Steve- a casual day full of loves and hand made gifts. Cute cute.
That is great that Ollie can dress himself - even if he's wearing his sister's panties. Sound like a nice Mother's Day. Thanks for taking time out of your day to make mine so good.
Love you.
Cuddles are great!!! And what cute cuddlers you have.....
Sounds like an awesome mother's day!!! I love the points you mentioned about Elder Ballard's talk. I think we all need to take his advice....love it! You are such an amazing mother!!! Your kids and fam are proof of that!!
Post a Comment