Here we are, six months already. I say this on every six month post, and I'll say it again, it's all downhill from here. Once six months happens it seems like you are having a one year birthday before you know it. Maybe because all the milestones happen one after another, and it makes things move quickly. I don't think it helps we've been in the holidays. Time seems to go a little faster when you are crazy busy. I'm hoping it'll slow down come the new year so I can savor this little man. It's also kinda nice to take a break from my holiday posts and talk about my Milo.
Milo is still learning to sit up. At six months my others were well into sitting up on their own. He is just starting to get the hang of it. He does okay for a few seconds then timber! ;) I told Adam for Christmas I want Milo sitting up on his own so I can take pictures of him that way on Christmas morning. We'll see, he's catching on fast. In his defense, he has been cuddled and pampered and held a lot for a few months now. He really has been sick since the end of October. Poor man, he really can't catch a break. He's had reflux since day one, and then a super cold when we were moving from our last place. Once in here at the beginning of November he got what we thought was an an eye infection, that turned out to be a bad ear infection. We've been battling it ever since. He just finished up his second kind of antibiotics. The first kind, the pink amoxicillin, didn't work. The second kind was torture. It had side effects of an upset stomach and diarrhea. Guess how well that goes over on a kid with reflux? We all never slept. I can honestly say I've never changed so many poopy diapers in my life. Every diaper was poopy ever few hours. He just had constant tummy aches. So crazy. We had actually stopped solids for a while so we wouldn't have anything else upsetting him. We started again with this medicine hoping it would help settle his stomach. It did some. I am beyond grateful those meds are done. We have a follow up appointment soon to make sure it's all cleared up. Cross your fingers.
So yes he's just learning to sit up, we can't help but cuddle and hold our sick sad baby. I also wish I could say he's on a schedule and sleeping through the night, but he's not. I am just now making him start to cry it out and learn to self sooth. Nice I don't have to get up every two hours to change a poopy bum. He sleeps for a little over 8 hour stretches on a good night. One step at a time. He is taking three naps, but they are crazy unpredictable at the moment. I told Adam we'll probably get him on a great routine and he'll teeth. :P Looks like we got our work cut out for us at the moment. Good thing he's cute.
He is wearing 12 month clothes and some 18 month clothes. Like this onesie is 18 months, and clearly too big, but 12 months are tight and small. I don't have his six month stats yet, cause his appointment isn't until after New Years. So I'll post that later. I do know that he's getting close to 18 pounds, big guy.
Look at those cute cheeks.
*When he starts getting tired, he snuggles his face into you. It's my favorite. He also has started rubbing his eyes when tired. I always think when they start doing that, it makes them seem so big.
*When you put him down to sleep, he grabs his blanket, snuggles it to his face, and rolls to his side to sleep.
*When I'm feeding him if he puts his hand by his face, he'll start sucking on his hand instead. He'll stop and get this look like, 'Oh Yeah I'm eating', and he'll hurry and latch back on. It makes me laugh every time.
*He also now starts blabbering when he's tired. He likes to say, "Ma ma ma. Da da da."
*He now loves to blow raspberries. He still drools like mad.
*When eating he likes to swing his arm in circles.
*He loves to stand, and still isn't the fond of sitting. I think it still squishes his tummy a bunch.
*He now rolls all over the floor. He will go on his tummy and back to reach something that he really wants. He's always way far away from where you set him down.
*He is getting stranger weary, and is a little hesitant around new people. He now tucks his head all shy when people try and talk to him. It's SUPER cute. We love it.
*Now that we have just now reintroduced food to him, he pretty much loves anything we give him. He eats it SOOO well too.
*He now giggles SOOO much. It's so fun.
He was laughing at Ollie throwing a balloon up in the air. So funny, that he found it so amusing.
*He now does not love getting dressed, but still loves and giggles when he gets undressed.
*He has already started to yank on me when he's eating. I always think that he's teething, he's not. He just thinks it's entertaining. I worried that my milk was drying up, nope that's not it either. Little turkey.
*Now when I'm holding him and walking by stuff he reaches out to grab things. It throws me off sometimes when I look down and he's holding something and I have no idea how he got it.
*Ollie was playing Peek a boo with him here. He didn't know what to think of Ollie's loud self at first, now he finds him so fun. Ollie loves to share his cars with him. Love my cute boys together.
*He now loves to suck in his bottom lip in and suck on it.








1 comment:
He is so cute but it still throws me off to see a Gabe-looking face on a boy. I some how still expect to see more of Ollie! He has the sweetest smile. I am so sorry his first 6 months have been so rough physically. Let's hope this new year brings lots of health to this little man.
Post a Comment