Friday, December 14, 2012

Advent Events: Letters to Santa


I think I'll put these all into a collage at the end of the month, along with our elf on the shelf hiding places, but I wanted to put some of them up on here so we can remember what we were up to this month. Of course one of the things you gotta do first, is get those wish lists off to Santa. This year Nana made sure Santa sent our family an Elf of the Shelf. It's a scout elf that comes to your house and watches you in the day to know if your naughty or nice, then leaves to the north pole at night to report back to Santa. In the morning he is in a new spot, cause he returned from the north pole, and you have to find him. You can't touch him or he'll loose his magic to fly back to the north pole at night. So this year we got Jolly the Elf in our house. So it was nice being able to tell him to take our letters to Santa. I gotta admit, he's kinda a lot of work. I know that sounds silly, but trying to be creative with him is tricky some nights. And there has also been a few nights he almost forgot to go back to the north pole and move to a new spot. It's also tricky, especially since Gabe doesn't know how she feels about him. She LOVES trying to find him in the morning, and the more creative we are, the more fun she has. She's just too logical, and wants explanations and reasons things work the way they do. She doesn't understand how he could be real if he just sits there all day and looks like a toy. (Santa's rule is they can't move or talk) She also will ask if we are the ones that move him every once in a while. So this just means we had to step it up a notch again. So overall I'm not sure how she feels about it, but she is having fun, and we're glad he's here. Although Jolly's notes of encouragement not to be naughty haven't really worked with her. Bummer huh? Ollie likes to see him, but isn't too into it this year, next year will be fun though. Ollie is just getting down who Santa is. It's nice we could send our letters with Jolly this year to Santa, and that's just what we did. 
Gabe talking to Jolly. At first we always put him high up to discourage touching. 
 
 
Gabe wrote her own, and Daddy helped Ollie with his.
 

2 comments:

Grandma Krissy said...

I love Jolly Elf! What a great idea! Cute Santa letters....stuffed what did Gabe put? I love that Ollie has been very happy this year! What fun.....

Katrina said...

I want an Elf sooo bad. Hopefully next year. Its nice that there is a little bit of pull from him for them to be nice... even if it doesnt always work. I'm super impressed with Gabe's writing! Very good!