Monday, December 17, 2012

Advent Events: Grinch Day

This day was actually spur of the moment. We had planned on going up to Cedar City and playing in the snow, and it would have been an awesome weekend to go, but we didn't. We didn't want to buy us all snow gear for one day. Someday, it'll be fun to do. Or even make a trip up north to spend a few days in the snow, but this year it wasn't in the budget. So we quickly threw together a Grinch day. Gabe LOOOVVESS the Grinch, and I'm okay with it cause it teaches a good message. She has the Grinch song all but memorized, and it's all she wants to listen to. It makes her laugh. She also loves both the Grinch shows. So we threw together a Grinch day. We did some coloring pages, and read the library book we got of it. It's easier to get, cause there are like 20 copies. I would like to own it one day though. 
 
We had a Whoville meal. (like you read about in the book) We had Who Roast Beast, and Who Hash. (Pork Chops and Hash Browns) I had planned to make pudding and call it Who pudding, but that didn't work out. So we called our green sprite sorbet floats, the pudding. They were okay with that. Next year I will have SOOOO much fun with this day, and plan our Who meal a little better with more time. After we had our "pudding" we watched the newer Grinch show together. Gabe likes the animated one better, but with us there laughing and explaining things to her, she liked this one a lot too. A lot of the jokes are a little over her heard still. 
  
 
 
 
Ollie being super silly and making us laugh
 
 We all cuddled on the couch together to watch, it was pretty ideal. The kids watched the show the whole way through too. 

1 comment:

Katrina said...

How fun! I love the Grinch Day. Ains loves the Grinch animated one. I've got to do this fun Advent stuff next year. This year was just too crazy.