Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas Eve

These were the jammies Aunt Laurel got Ollie a few years ago. They are a tad too small, but I had to put him in some for his first Christmas. He didn't mind as you can clearly see. I would have liked to get all the kids some, but it didn't happen this year. 
Our dinner took a little longer to get ready than normal. It didn't help I was trying to help a very sad Milo who is having new different ears issues. He was very unhappy. So Adam took over. Thanks babe, you're awesome! So we decided to read in Luke and sing, and talk about Christ's birth before dinner this year. The kids were a little hyper, but still got something out of it. We also watched a short nativity story clip from the church website. It helped seeing it as well. 
I kept making Milo smile for the pictures and he'd arch and Gabe would get mad at me cause he's big and would squish her. Oh these big-little brothers of hers.
Cute reindeer bum
We always have salad, corn, twice baked potatoes, and ham. We turn off the lights and light our candles on our silver tree. The kids love it. And we drink sparkling cider. 
The kids were so ready to go to bed. They were so tired. It doesn't matter how much we prepare, Christmas Eve always seems super busy for us. Gabe wanted to give Santa like eight cookies. She wasn't happy we only let her put out two. It seems to get trickier with Gabe getting older. We really have to watch what we say and do, cause she catches EVERYTHING. It is amazing. Makes me realize I need to enjoy these believing years as long as I can, cause we won't always have them. Luckily she's still young enough to fall asleep fast, and stays asleep. We were talking about how we need to enjoy it, cause in years to come we might be waiting until four or something to get things done. 

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Such a cute family. Love the reindeer bum!

Judy said...

I love seeing the Christmas dishes. it makes the meal so much more festive. This year I had my daughters playing Santa in my family room. It made it difficult to be sneaky when filling their stockings. This may be Laurel's last Christmas at home. She says when she gets her own place she wants to do it there. I totally understand it, but it still makes me kinda sad to think we will be just the 3 of us very soon.