Monday, December 17, 2012

Advent Events: Decorating Cookies

Can I first just say I love and hate decorating sugar cookies. I love the decorating part, but I hate the baking part. I can not make sugar cookies for the life of me. I really can't, they are kinda my arch enemy of cookies, so I sometimes avoid them around the holidays. This year we wanted to decorate some with friends, so we knew we wanted to make some. Adam asked why I didn't just use a pre-made pack if they stressed me out. I thought maybe I would try one and see how well they tasted. Look at the picture below, those are the pre-made!!! I guess it serves me right for looking for an easy way out. I did make some that took me a bit, but turned out half decent. It was a long day of dealing with these dang cookies, so I'm glad that the kids were excited to decorate them after we ate dinner. 
 
These are the Franscens, and Darrin works at Edward Jones. They've always been super nice, and we get together with them every once in a while. They have three boys, and they are adorable. Gabe LOVES playing with them. Their oldest is always so good with playing with her, and then another is around her age, and she likes playing with him as well. We tried getting Ollie to play with their youngest Jace, but he wasn't too interested. He was too shy, and wouldn't really open up. Someday I'm hoping he will get better at it. He's kinda at the play by yourself stage and is pretty independent. These boys just wanted to play cars the whole time, so I was hoping Ollie would be all over it, but he didn't want to play with them. 
 
He did love decorating, and was so funny to watch
 
Gabe was so official, and had to show off to everyone what she made. She also had to make one for all of her friends. 
 
 
He wasn't happy to pose for my picture.
 
 
 
 
Their oldest Kayden, was excited over the fact that we had Mistletoe in our house. He actually quietly asked Gabe if he could give her a kiss under there. She was all over it, cause she loves the mistletoe. I didn't get a picture of that, cause he was too embarrassed to do it again with us all watching. Bo was all about it. She gave him a nice kiss on the cheek, and he was pretty happy about it. Then two seconds later threw a pretend snowball in her face. I told her that's what boys do. :)
 

2 comments:

Judy said...

No Sweet 16 for that little girl. She's already been kissed twice! I must admit I have a picture of me kissing a boy at age 5 - love the innocence of that age.

Katrina said...

how cute! Ains loves looking at all the pics of her cousins.
cute about the kisses too. i'll have to get some mistletoe!