Monday, December 24, 2012

Advent Events: Camping Under the Tree

We kinda weren't sure if we were going to do this one or not. When we first were planning our calendar and things we wanted to do, we talked about sleeping out by the tree one night. Last minute we decided we would try it out. So that night we roasted some marshmallows. Some day I hope I'll have a nice fire place to do this at. :) We made do and the kids enjoyed. We then played some Christmas games, initiated by Gabe. She spent a big part of the day making up her own game, begging to have another game night. So cute and imaginative. So I threw a few more in there as well to play. We then watched a show, and when it was over, we set out the sleeping bags. Ollie LOVED the idea, until it came time to go to bed. He then begged to go to sleep in his own bed. We tried to talk him into it, but he just wanted his bed. So he slept there, and Gabe, Daddy and Mommy slept by the lit tree. Gabe passed out in no time. We actually watched a movie while she slept. Love our easy heavy sleeper. :) We hope in the years to come the kids will love doing this. Maybe next year Ollie will be more up for it. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Mommy and Daddy slept up on the couch. She was okay with that. 
 
 

1 comment:

Judy said...

I have heard of lots of families with this tradition. I just don't think I could sleep very well but sounds fun. Ollie just seems to like things to be in the right "order" of things. At least he went to sleep!