We had Milo's 9 month appointment after our trip. He turned nine months right before we left, but we couldn't get in until after. It was kinda nice to have him checked out when we got home. He got a cold the day we were leaving Hawaii. Poor kid can't even stay away from sickness on vacation. :(
He weighed 18 pounds 3 ounces dropping him into the 11th percentile. He's been at 18 pounds for a few months. I know this, cause we've been into the doctor A LOT in the last few months. He kinda just stopped there at 18. He's actually lost a little since last month from being so mobil. He never stops moving. He used to be a lot bigger up in the percentiles. He's really slimmed down. Funny we still get comments on how big of a chunk/kid he is. In Hawaii we had so many random people ask how old he was and respond with how good eater he must be. Or something indicating he was big. He really is kinda a string bean. He is however, still really tall for his age so I think that adds to it. He is 29 inches. It still puts him in the 87th percentile for his height. His head is still bigger at 18 inches putting that in the 94th percentile. He doesn't seem to have a big head to me, but eh whatever. Our boys do I guess.
At the 9 month appointment they take a finger prick or blood to run some tests on Hemoglobin and iron, etc to make sure that he is getting what he needs to. He was doing awesome and everything looked good there. She did feel like she needed to drill me about his diet and talk about him being in the lower percentiles. I told her how his sister was in the negatives and came back up once on whole milk and she thought she needed to lecture me on that too. Even though Gabe is just fine too. Silly doctor, I don't love her. I really don't. I wish there were a better option, there isn't right now. Anyway she continued to tell me that he needs more calories from being so mobil. Ok, that's fine, but I'm not going to stress over it like she would have liked to make me do. He eats well, and her tests just proved he was doing just fine. She kept telling me to add fattening things to his diet, like butter to veggies and don't do fat free things. Adding whole milk stuff to his foods. MMM yeah, I'm not worried.
I did have her check his ears, cause he's still having sleeping issues. His ear drum is retracted again from after his ear infection. No wonder he struggled on the plane coming home so bad. Poor guy. She then said she wouldn't be surprised if he got another infection from the cold that he has. AHHH! We are now to the point where he is sleeping so poorly we are wondering if it is ear infection or still his retracted ear drum. Bleh. We'll give it a few more days and see. If he does get one she says we'll talk tubes. They have a 3 infections in like 6 months rule or something lame. So I guess we'll see. Anyway that's how our cute babe is doing at nine months.
1 comment:
Poor little guy! He has such a great smile too.
Post a Comment