I have no idea why some of these published out of order. Really annoying! I can't figure out how to fix it and I'm too tired to figure it out. :) Sorry!
Friday we weren't sure how we were going to spend our day. We had to check out at 11, and our plane didn't fly out until 8:40 at night. The hotel catered to the EJ people and let them have a lounge to hold luggage and had some showers. We had a few ideas, but weren't sure how our day would go. We did want to swim, but early enough we could use our own showers. They only had one female and one male shower for like 50 EJ people. Otherwise we'd probably have spent our day swimming.
Anyway, Milo woke up at six and was up for the day. So Adam took him out for a morning walk and let me sleep in. That was wonderful. He came back and brought with him some muffins from the lobby. One was blueberry and one was a pineapple coconut. They were good. While on his walk he walked over to the spa and booked me a facial. Normally he knew I'd want a massage, but I got sunburned on my shoulders and I had told him in a conversation earlier that week it wouldn't feel good. I love facials, if you haven't had one you should get one. This one was way too expensive, but it was at a fancy resort, so of course it was wonderful. I so love my husband for pampering me with that. He is wonderful.
Pics from the morning walk
Enjoying my morning muffins
While on our balcony the birds were in our face wanting muffins.
Enjoying the spa. The had a jacuzzi that was just on the female side that was clothing optional. I opted out of that. :) They did have these private rain showers you could take. I took one after my facial. This is it:
It had an opening up top that if it rained, which it sprinkled, you get rained on. Kinda cool. I enjoyed it.
This was my treatment room. Not very fancy, just simple. It kinda surprised me it wasn't more, but it wasn't disappointing either. I've worked at spas, I'm kinda judgmental I guess. :) I was impressed they let you come back any time that day and get in the jacuzzi or the rain showers. They also had the best fluffy robes and their counters had lotions, spray deodorants, sunscreens, all sorts of hair stuff, etc. I was impressed by all they offered.
After my stuff we had a VERY quick-like 20 minute swim in the pools one last time. Wish we would have had time for this more. Milo loved these pools.
While Daddy checked out, Milo and I walked the lobby to see the pretty flowers and the birds they had everywhere.
We rushed and rushed to clean up and check out at 11. We then headed to do the stuff we wanted to do. We talked about taking this boat ride up the river to these caves. Well we heard it was kinda disappointing, so we didn't. We sadly took our snorkel gear back, and headed back out to spouting horn to buy some souvenirs from the venders there that we had seen and liked.
We then had our last meals. We both went back to the place we enjoyed the most. So I got shrimp tacos at Savage Shrimp and Adam got more pizza.
We then had to have another shaved ice. This one was strawberry, peach, mango. Super good. Our other was green apple, and lemon-lime. Milo LOVED this one. Can't blame him, it was good.
Browsing some shops by the shaved ice store. We saw a lot of locals with these "trucker" style hats. They were cute, but we didn't get any.
On the road to our hotel there was this random dirt road we started to take one day, and ended up just turning around. Then at dinner the dirt road came up in conversation and Jon told us it led to a beach. We decided to explore it. Glad we did, we spent the rest of the day walking this beach. We watched the wind surfers, and sea turtles. I also found some pretty dried coral to bring home. None of the beaches have many shells, but a little coral. This one had tons of cool coral.
Some really cool Lava rock all along this beach in the water.
One side of my face actually got sunburned from watching the sea turtles swim in the water. I sat there and watched for a while. It was cool so see though.
Of course as we are leaving he enjoys walking in the sand and the water.
The airport had some cool pics along the walls. One big long hallway had a Hula dance in many different pictures. They were really pretty.
Good Bye Hawaii. We were super sad to leave, but super happy to go see our kids. We missed them. The whole trip we kept saying things like, "Oh Gabe/Ollie would love this/that." Once again leaving at night, and we couldn't see any pretty views.
Words can not express how tired we were. Milo screamed pretty much the whole long flight to LAX. He was getting a cold this day, so that didn't help. He was having a tooth break though, and we are pretty sure that he has a retracted ear drum from after his ear infection. So yeah he was miserable. It was night this time, with sleeping people all around us. We had to also keep waking the guy who wanted to sleep in the seat next to us, so we could get out and walk around with him. It really was a nightmare. The guy wasn't as understanding. He wasn't rude, but he wasn't happy.
We got to the airport and Milo feel asleep in the stroller so we tried to catch up a little next to him. The flight from LAX to SLC he was happy and did well. We had a big layover at SLC. Adam didn't want to try and sleep so he walked around with Milo. I was all about catching up on some sleep. Milo was a big Mamma's boy on the flights and wouldn't go to Adam half the time. It was kinda exhausting. So Adam let me sleep. Sleep I did. I fell asleep with a huge room full of people and didn't notice any of them leave. I woke to a empty room. It was crazy how tired I was. And yes this way to sleep was the most comfortable.
Entertaining him was once again "fun".
Our last flight home from SLC to St George. We could do it. 4o minutes is a nothing of a flight. Well so we thought until Milo screamed pretty much the whole time. :( Ah well. We were WWWAAAYY past the point of caring. People could deal with it. The people around us and the flight attendant were all nice about it and all tried to entertain him some.
It's a little intimidating looking at all those controls the pilots have to manage. Glad they know what they're doing. We were happy to see the red rock from the plane. Phew we made it. So did all of our bags and souvenirs.
So grateful to Nana for helping the kids and staying with them. So grateful to Adam and his hard work that allowed us to go. So grateful to a happy baby that besides the airplane flights did awesome. He did scream for most of the night when we got home. But he was now used to Hawaii time. I told Adam he's not gonna go to sleep until 12 our time, cause he's used to that. And that's about when he finally crashed. He has adjusted fairly well. Took a few days, but he's ok. He's still got a cold and the doc says a retracted ear drum healing, but they're almost better.

























No comments:
Post a Comment