Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Around the House

Our lives have turned from busy to crazy lately. Now I'm trying to just play catch up on it all. Gabe and I have been getting things ready for her b-day. We've had play dates, and babysat on top of those normal things we normally have. (Plus a million other things) Ok  so I guess it doesn't sound as hectic, but it was. 

Adam just got called to be the Elder's Quorum president. He was just really loving his scouts and now I tell him he gets to babysit adults. ;)  He really was liking scouts, but he'll be amazing at this new calling. So on top of feeling busy, he will be busier with meetings.  I don't love how much time it can potentially take him away from home. It'll be my biggest struggle. But I am trying to stay positive about it. 

So my camera has broken which I have mentioned before. It'll be a while before we can afford a new one. It is kinda like I'm missing an arm. We aren't gonna pay to get the same broken thing fixed again that we just paid to have fixed a year ago, cause it'll most likely just break AGAIN. Bah! Everything I've read about it says it seems to be a reacuring problem. So I'm frustrated. The only option that I have is a very old digital camera or my iPhone camera. Both take horrible pictures. So I apologize to anyone seeing them and my kids about the crap quality. 
This is Paige, the only other girl in gabe's primary class from our last ward. They still have occasional play dates. She's a lot younger and you can tell sometimes, but they have fun. 
Gabe wanted to do face painting on her birthday so I told her we get to practice. We looked up pictures online and tried a few different things a few different times. I am not very good at any of it, but she loved it so I guess that's all that matters. 
Ollie the dog. He was hard to paint cause he never stopped moving. 
This is Wrigley, Ollie's good buddy who is actually moving. We are bummed by it cause it leaves Ollie pretty alone in nursery. Wrigley loves Ollie, it's very cute. Especially since Ollie is shy/anti social a lot. He has really opened up Ollie a lot. 
Gabe's dance routine is slowly evolving with props. It's fun to watch. Adam and I switch off going to watch her. It's fun. 
We were given these glasses, and we've never understood the appeal of the style before, but they're pretty fun to wear. Bring on that 80's style. 

3 comments:

Grandma Krissy said...

I love your face paint job! Looks awesome! By the way......love the shades!

Judy said...

It's kind of hard, but fun when the kids start branching out with friends. I hope they find new closer friends to play with soon.

Travis Laurel said...

I like the face paint. I hope the party girls loved it too. Can't wait to hear about the awesome butterfly jamboree.