Monday, May 13, 2013

One Last Year in my Twenties

My birthday was wonderful. My family is so great at spoiling me. My birthday fell on a Wednesday and so Adam and I had talked about just having a low key day, and then celebrating on Saturday. We planned on going shopping for new clothes and out to lunch. We planned on just bringing Milo with us and leaving the kids with a babysitter. Well he didn't tell me on Wednesday he had arranged for Kay to watch all the kiddos so we could go out to dinner just the two of us. It was a nice surprise. We of course went to my favorite place, Benja's. We got some yummy Thai food and some sushi. So great. 
When we got home we celebrated with the kiddos. I was telling Adam I wanted this coconut pie or some kind of cheesecake or something. Not a cake fan, so I like to try different things for my birthday. So he surprised me with this kind of pie called tropical something...  I didn't know he was going to get me some and I was so happy he did. It was from this really yummy pie company in St George.We LOVED the coconut flavor, but it had random fruit chunks in it. So next time we'll get it without some of that. We'll definitely get pies from there in the future. SO good. 
Opening some presents from the kids. Gabe wrapped them herself and was so proud. I was impressed she did well. She also made me a million pictures that she rolled up for me. She was so happy to have me open them. 
The pictures that my kiddos decorated our walls with for my big day. 
Saturday we spent the day clothes shopping, which was much needed. I can't remember the last time that either Adam or I bought the clothes that we need. Half the clothes we own are very very old and worn. So it was nice to get new stuff, even though trying stuff on isn't always fun. Being with Adam and Milo made it enjoyable. Getting lunch with my hubby was a nice bonus as well. It was such a nice week. Thanks babe! I thought that I would always be nervous when I got close to 30. For some reason now that I'm getting there, it doesn't make me nervous. I am excited to get to my thirties. The thirties always seem like the age to be into your career, be settled in a house, and start putting your kids in activities and school, etc. New steps, new decisions, new adventures ahead. I will enjoy this last year being in my twenties though. :)

4 comments:

Grandma Krissy said...

You have such a wonderful husband! I am glad you had a great birthday!!! Love you lots!

Judy said...

I wish we could have been in a better situation to help with that celebration. I am glad Adam and the kids came through for you.

Travis Laurel said...

wow thats quite the party! sounds like it was a great time! watch 13 going on 30 if you get freaked out: Remember thirty flirty and thriving! ;)

Katrina said...

What a great birthday week! I think Steve needs to get some lessons from Adam. Ad always does a great job.