We finally got around to getting Gabe in a dance class. We have looked into it in the past, but we were moving, or we missed signing up, or didn't have money at the time. She has been begging and begging to be in one and do ballet. She wants to be a ballerina. She dances all over the house like one all the time. There aren't many dance classes here in town. I don't mind going to St George for classes when she's older, but not until she does love it and wants to do it more seriously. There is one studio and the rec center that have ballet dance classes here in town. The rec center doesn't have summer dance classes, and we weren't sure we were wanting to go there, but looks like that'll be our option. The other studio is kinda run in a ridiculous way. We went over there five different times, called, left messages on FB and could never get a hold of someone to register. When you can catch someone there it's a teacher in the middle of a class. The owner called us back once and was supposed to email us some stuff, and never did that. It's kinda been a joke. I wanted to know how you get ahold of someone when you need something and your kid does go there. We talked to someone whose daughter does go there and she says she has that very problem. So they are a new business not run very well I guess. So we are going to try the rec center in the fall. Then if she loves it, we'll go from there.
UNTIL then there is a lady and a small company that does a few classes in town. She does hip hop/jazz classes with a little ballet. So Gabe just started that. It's a little random, but she LOVES it. It's for 5-7 year olds. So some of the kids look a lot bigger than her, but she actually keeps up with them well. (And even better than some- I know that seems biased but it's true) It'll be interesting to see how an actual performance goes. The teacher used to be an LA Laker with and suppsoedly danced with Paula Abdule and later with Janet Jackson. Shes worked for Disney for a while and worked with Brittney and Christina after that. So she claims anyway. What shes doing in Hurricane I dont know, but when she does get going dancig shes fun to watch. She's talented. Mrs Dina (is her name) encourages parents to stay and hang out to watch the kids, so you can help them at home as well. I love that part, it's fun to watch. So I filmed a bunch, and here are a few pics from her class last week. I guess you can see if you can spot her.
She's the scrawny little one in the pink neon shirt and black leggings. :) She's usually put up front cause she's one of the shortest.
It's an hour long, so they do a little of everything to keep the kids entertained. They do some tumbling. Some dance activities and games. Then they work on their routine they are learning.
Gabe loves watching herself in the mirrors. Most of them do, it's cute. Makes me giggle.
3 comments:
Love it! Sure brings back memories!
I loved my tap dance class when I would a youngster. It was fun to tap around the house. I am glad she is enjoying her class too.
She is SO CUTE!
Post a Comment