So we had a stake hike that was technically for girl's camp, even though camp is in June. I can't go to camp it's the same time as Adam's work summer retreat. The retreat is for families, so we all get to go. (Its a fun retreat) This means I miss girls camp. I was going to try and go up the first night, but I'm not sure that'll happen. I want to go to camp cause I feel like I can connect with my girls better, or some I struggle to connect with. So I'm kinda sad. I try and go to whatever else I can, that helps me get to know them better. This hike was one of them. It was an 8 miler hike to the temple. I was stoked to go and loved the idea of the temple being the end destination. I like to hike though, so some of my girls thought I was crazy. The girls weren't as excited and half the leaders bailed out of going, cause they didn't want to. I thought it was kinda sad they didn't, but what can ya do? I asked if I could go. Anyway here are a few pics from the fun day.
We started at 6 in the morning it was early for some of them. Only 4 of these girls are beehives. The rest of them are most of my Mia Maids. We have 13 Mia Maids. And soon to have 2 of those beehives. It's nuts.
Stopping at our half way point for a break
The Leaders that did come
From the dixie rocks, with the temple in the background. We stopped for lunch and then hiked the rest of the way down to the temple. It was a fun day and I was glad that I got to go. Towards the end the girls got extremely whiny, but it still made for a good time. I have this jacked up knee right now that I wore a brace for on the hike. It didnt help much I still limped around for a few days. Ah well, it was worth it.
2 comments:
I remember those days.....great memories!
That is so great that you went. I heard our area is doing a hike from Draper to Timp or something like that. It's a big one whatever it is!
Michele knows... I think showing girls they can do hard things is such a good thing.
Post a Comment