Tuesday, September 20, 2011

At 12 Months

Last night I was up with Ollie in the middle of the night due to a stomach ache from birthday cake. I think? He might be teething, but he did have a stomach ache. Yeah I know, no fun. Anyway, I got a chance to glance back at our blog from a year ago. From the beginning this boy of ours has been tricky. From finally getting pregnant, to a not so fun pregnancy. It's kinda amazing the hard miserable details you forget about when you have the awesome end result. I'd do it all over a million times to have this little man in our lives. There is never a dull moment when he is around. He is this adventurous, determined, stubborn little man. He learns so fast and wants to try and do everything. He gets so excited over the cutest things. He is so happy. It's so great. It always amazes me to look back at the little pictures and read all the fun details. It makes me sad that my little guy is reaching toddlerhood, but really excited at the same time. At a year old, he is up to some funs things.
*He loves to put lids and caps on things. He loves to stack and build things. Then of course he loves to destroy them when he's done.
*He loves to try to flush our toilet, he thinks it's SO fun
*He is a walking machine, and all over the place. He is just starting to dance standing up and to go from a sitting position to standing without holding on to anything. He loves to go fast and try to catch up with Gabe or Daddy. He loves to play the "I'm gonna get ya" game. He runs away giggling. He also takes off quickly when I tell him it's time to change his diaper. He loves to walk around in his shoes or anyone else's shoes.
*He climbs everything he can. He climbs the dishwasher, the toilet, into the bath, up on Gabe's bed. If Gabe's stool is by anything, he tried to use it to climb onto other things.
*He leaves a huge destructive path wherever he goes. He still wants everything Gabe has.
*He is so ticklish. He also now does this triumphant laugh when he finally gets a hold of something he isn't supposed to have, or something he's worked hard to climb to get or reach.
*He tries so hard to have a conversation with you, he jabbers and talks to you like he is telling you something very important. If you don't get his point, he'll show you or point you in the right direction, jabbering the whole way. If you ask him something he'll answer back. He says, "Shhissss, Shiiisss," all day long. I think to him it means something great.
*He loves to play cars and blocks, and now says, "Abbrrrrrrmm," when he drives his cars.
*He does the cutest kissy face when you ask for a kiss. He has to tilt his whole head up dramatically with a big open mouth. He always has to give you two kisses when you ask for a kiss. It's pretty adorable. He also always offers them to you throughout the day. He always tries to hug Gabe when she is crying too.
*If he's crying, he wants food or needs to sleep. He's pretty predictable, and for the most part easy going when we go places.
*He has never been a great sleeper, and now for some reason he's waking up really early in the morning too. Gabe can wake up early and be all sorts of chipper. Ollie, not so much. He is NOT a morning person. He isn't happy early in the morning, he's grumpy. One day he takes one nap, another day he takes two. It's never the same and I can't ever get his napping figured out. He also always gets his chubby legs stuck in the crib bars, and it makes for a long night when I have to put him back to sleep.
*When he eats, he's gotta shove everything into his mouth. Especially if it's something he likes.
*He loves to play peek a boo with anything, especially his blanket when he wakes up
*He loves to ride in stroller and carts. I have to put our stroller up high when we aren't using it, or else he'll squawk by it to go on a ride. Gabe has a baby toy one as well that he always tries to climb in, and wants to be pushed. He loves to ride in things.
*He helps me get him dressed. It's really nice, instead of fighting against me.
*He loves to shake his head no, and is just starting to understand what it means.
*He can point to his nose and his teeth. Speaking of teeth he has 4 1/2 teeth? He has four all the way in, and then only two that have corners poking out, and have been that way for weeks. Isn't that odd? Not sure how normal that is.
*He loves to mimic things, and it makes him seem so much older. He wipes his face with a towel or wipe, puts toys away, points the remotes, copies noises we make, brushes his hair, and tries to put his socks and shoes on. He's just too dang cute.













Happy 1 year old Birthday little man! You are so fun and I love to play with you. I love to build towers of blocks and watch you knock them down, I love to drive cars around. I love to play on my skateboard with you. I love how you cry when I leave for work and run to me when I come home. I love it when you cuddle me. I love how playful you are and how you never want to stop. I love how you alway yell dada when you can't get something or do something. I love how you always yell momma when you need loves or cuddles. I love to see you try new things and grow up so fast. I love that you are the best son ever. I love to be your Dad. Love you Ollie Boy!!

Ollie,

Oh how I love you Buddy. You bring so many smiles to my face and you keep me on my toes. There is never a dull moment in this house when you are awake. Your smile and laugh are contagious. Your personality it blooming and we are seeing the wonderful little boy you are becoming. I love to witness your new discoveries. I love to watch you try new things. I love to see how strong willed you are when your mind is made up. I cant wait to see what you can accomplish in life with the determination you have. I love love love when you hold still long enough to let me cuddle you. I love the kisses you so often choose to give me. You are so loving and such a joy in our home. Thanks for always being sweet to your sister. I love you Oll. Happy 1st birthday.

Love,
Mama


Goodbye last Ollie monthly post. After my kids hit one I always hesitate whether I should continue doing them. I have decided to stop at a year, with updates at 18 months and 2. (normal milestone updates) Whoa, weird to think about. HOWEVER, I will be doing "life with Ollie" posts as often as I can, so you'll get to read plenty about our little guy still.

I'll try to get his bday pics posted in the next few days. There are a bunch of back posts about our little man if any would like to see them.

3 comments:

Grandma Krissy said...

I love the one with the dishwasher and with his hat on. He is sure growing so fast and getting so handsome and big looking.....love you little man!

KBPatterson said...

I cannot believe how big he looks in his pics. He truly does look like a little toddler now instead of baby. He is so stinking cute! I love hearing all about him. I love his triumphant laugh. How cute is that! And I love how determined and adventurous he is. 100% boy through and through. So sweet he tries to give Gabe hugs when she cries. He is going to be such a fantastic, strong, and protective brother for her. I love all of his adorable facial expressions. I know beautiful isn't very manly, but he really is a beautiful little boy! Happy Birthday Ollie! We love you!

Katrina said...

So sweet. He is such a great little guy. Love to hear all the fun things about him.